Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
As I mentioned previously, I am in the process of moving and am now in my new house though far from settled, so posting will continue to be limited. I wanted to give an update on a couple of trades I made so you can review the charts if you like. The past week has been quite volatile and I'll admit to getting lucky on a couple of trades as I happened to buy near lows and sell near highs while only checking the market sporadically, but lucky is always better than good.

Bought STOR on 7/25 for 4.81/sh and sold half on 8/2 for 7.01, or 45%. There is minor support at 6 but no compelling reason to think it will hold if NASDAQ takes a breather:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/javachart/javachart.asp?symb=stor&time=&freq=

I hope someone caught the 50% move for NTAP, though I suspect many of you have it as a long-term holding.

Also, I made about 4% on Phillips Petroleum (P), buying in the upper 55's and selling in the low-mid 58's and picking up the dividend to boot (I'd give the dates and exact prices, but my account's website doesn't seem to be offering that info right now). I still like the oil sector for more predictable, smaller gains. Fundamentally, I like P, Haliburton (HAL) and Sunoco (SUN). Take a look at the charts and find a good entry point should these retest support levels.

ab

P.S. Hang in there Erick, the next five years will fly by.

; )
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.