Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
How do you calculate the basis for which you have to pay taxes on a partial conversion in 1999. I had money from an employer from which I had been laid off in an IRA account. I started adding $2000 each year which were treated as non-deductible since 1987. What was the basis to pay taxes?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.