Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Transactional costs are a good factor - - - it kind of takes any equity away in just a short term as you said.

Still lot of number crunching to do.

I'm wondering if the kid is the "manager" of the property - and he's paid a wage, let's say $19,000 per year. It seems lawful that he can put 100% of that in a 401K so he doesn't have to count it as income. And overnight, I'd have a $19,000 loss on the property - to offset rental profits from other properties, and as usual - keep "income" low for things like ACA subsidies.

If I remember right, to be allowed to do that my income would have to be managed to be quite low....OR have a real estate license and be considered a professional, and document that I did some important stuff vis a vis the property.

Often I look at my master life plan and I want to figure out ways to squeeze out another $20k here, $30 k there, it can come in handy on rainy days.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.