Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1

Spewing looking at the returns on the haulage stocks over the last 3 months. I didn't have any. Anyone smart enough to put some brass in any of these?

HBL....+93%
CLX....+88%
KSC....+75%
WWA....+65%

& really when you think of what happened it was a high % that they would benefit.

Anyways another thing in favour of such stocks esp longer term is people buying on the internet....all that stuff has to be delivered.The more the population takes to buying on the net, the better for the haulage folks.

JR

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Spewing looking at the returns on the haulage stocks over the last 3 months. I didn't have any. Anyone smart enough to put some brass in any of these?

JR
No - but I did have a fair whack of Toll Holdings. I bought at $8.80 and sold for around $11 thinking that there were better buys elsewhere. It then went to the moon - the last time I looked it was at $28 and rising. I don't look too often - it makes me cry particularly as the dog I put the money into collapsed like a house of cards.
You live and learn !!
Regards
Harmy

Harmy....
""
"then went to the moon - the last time I looked it was at $28 and rising"

I know the feeling..

. I dont want to look at my premature sells either, it's like chomping on a sore tooth to see if it still hurts---

Personally I still have to learn how to distinguish between a short and longer term trend.. my boo=boos have cost me this year.

Also if you have time could you tell me which of Weinstien's books you were referring to in an earlier discussion with Jono,
I think I had better read !!
Best regards..

FC.

Also if you have time could you tell me which of Weinstien's books you were referring to in an earlier discussion with Jono,
I think I had better read !!

FC
The book is "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" by Stan Weinstein published by Mcgraw Hill.

I really felt confident with what I knew about TA but this book really polished some of the aspects I thought I knew but didn't - setting sell/stops for example. His method is so much more logical than just the ususal ten percent under the buy price !!
A great book !!
Regards
Harmy
PS Not looking forward to this South African match - I think we're going to get done big time !!

No. of Recommendations: 0

Yepper Stans book is a must read IMO. The book is focused on the intermediate term trend not short term.

Trader Vic's books are also very good on the subject of trends.

JR