Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to dump my existing cell and upgrade. The features these units advertise sound great. I am not tied to contract so can go anywhere, any advise on these handhelds or service plans? Also with the phone/data plan would I be able to get internet access for my laptop so I could drop my AOL account? Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
A Treo is a Palmpilot at heart. If you like the PalmOS, then you should definitely go with a Treo. It's excellent at address book, datebook, to do list, and has tens of thousands of third party applications. Mobile web is good, mobile email is decent.

A Sidekick is a two-way pager at heart. They've added on a lot to the software in order to compete with Palm -- it has all the standard features now -- but I don't know as much about it. If email on the go is your thing, go with the Sidekick.

The data plans are usually limited in the amount of data transfer that's included. You might end up spending more on data overages than you do on your AOL account! Yes, there is usually a way to hook up your phone to your laptop (sometimes requiring purchase of an additional cable or hardware).
Print the post Back To Top