Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Trini:

Can't imagine it. I have wondered about all that water filling and draining, too.

Our renovated bathroom has a nice walk-in shower (with grab bar), but across the room is a lovely white volcanic limestone slipper tub my wife wanted. She has to climb over the side, yes, but the side IS there to help climb back out of it, too!

Vermonter

You remind me. When we moved into our house, it was exactly what we wanted. Well, almost. $100,000 remodeling later, it is now perfect. For us, not necessarily for anyone else. The master bath is large, maybe not huge by some standards*, but it has a five foot by 32 inch built-in tub (It was a jacuzzi when we bought it. Part of our remodel.) Big shower, nine foot counter with two talevera sinks and two towers for stuff that doesn't fit below. Tile floors, tiled everything. (You can start to understand how we spent that kind of money, no?) She wouldn't let me have a bidet, so we compromised on a Toto Washlette. She liked it so much, we now have three of them. The house (with guest house) has a total of four bathrooms (only two when we bought it), all similarly equipped, and similarly tricked out in tile. (but only two bedrooms! One of which is my office.)

CNC
*Our small window fashions business (Drapery, blinds, etc) took us into some very wealthy homes, multiple millions of dollars. It kinda warped our perceptions of such things.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.