Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My corporation employs 35 people. A company called ADP does our payroll services. They also manage a 401K plan which has a company match. I have been asking since the 401K plan began in January 2000 for a transaction report for my personal 401K contributions (i.e. #of mutual fund units purchased at what price on what date). I have been told that they have that data, but that they do not have the capability and/or willingness to provide this information to me. They will only tell me how many total mutual fund units my account has acquired and what the current value is.

I'm assuming that I am entitled to have a transaction history report to at least ensure that the proper amounts are being applied to my personal account. I also have minor concerns that I may be held responsible as the owner of the corporation if ADP makes a mistake.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does anyone know of any government agency which may be able to force ADP to release the information to me? Am I being unreasonable to ask for a transaction report? Thanks.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.