No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/23/trump-taps-south-carol...

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald Trump has chosen South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, the first woman tapped for a top-level administration post during his White House transition so far.

It will be a Cabinet-level position, and Haley has accepted.

She now moves to the international scene. Prep for...???

Now add some spice (color) to the line up, a Democrat or two and Bingo!

W
Print the post Back To Top
What in her background (other than her parents being immigrants), prepares Nikki Haley for serving the US internationally? She's a bean-counter and tax cutter who's fiercely anti-choice. However, she isn't a racist, which puts her way ahead of most of Trump's picks to date.
LOL her parents being immigrants from ONE country somehow adds to her qualification to be a UN ambassador.

What qualifies her?

The same thing that qualifies Obama to reform health care.

Or Bush to reform education.

NOTHING.

You People keep looking to these people who never taught school or healed a patient to reform education or health care.

Nuts.

jediG
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<<You People keep looking to these people who never taught school or healed a patient to reform education or health care.

Nuts.>>>

Management consists of planning, organizing, directing and controlling;
there is no requirement for detailed knowledge.

That is supplied by your subordinates. In my career, I always tried to hire people who were more knowledgeable about their portion of the enterprise than I was. And as long as I never took credit for their accomplishments, they continued to make me look good.
"Management consists of planning, organizing, directing and controlling;
there is no requirement for detailed knowledge."

But some knowledge is required.

"In my career, I always tried to hire people who were more knowledgeable about their portion of the enterprise than I was."

I'm guessing that you had sufficient knowledge of the enterprise top enable you to assess and manage them. The argument doesn't hold when you are talking about someone who has no knowledge of the enterprise. Same thing here.

Renders your argument null.
What in her background (other than her parents being immigrants), prepares Nikki Haley for serving the US internationally? She's a bean-counter and tax cutter who's fiercely anti-choice. However, she isn't a racist, which puts her way ahead of most of Trump's picks to date.
============================================================

What qualifies Michelle to have a national pulpit?

Absolutely nothing.
============================================================

Absolutely nothing.

+++++++++++++++++++++

But her big arse allows her reach (or at least sit) across the aisle.

W

Absolutely nothing.

+++++++++++++++++++++

So what qualifies Melania to have a national pulpit??

I look forward to hearing your nonsense.

Absolutely nothing.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I will let you know AFTER she assumes it...if she does at all.

W
Well Nige, who really knows? Obama was President for eight years, and wasn't really qualified to be a Senator much less Governor. Michelle, while a wonderful person, is disappointing millions of Dems that she's not interested in being President

So that's a WTF moment or two there.

Most Presidential appointments are made because of arse kissing ability, how big a political hack you were, how much money you gave to the team.

I'm impressed that Trump is appointing some folks that were campaigning against him. Can you imagine Obama doing anything like that?

Maybe it will turn out badly.

Oh, his education secretary is a woman too.
No. of Recommendations: 2

====================================================================

Do you think Melania would be arrogant enough to try to dictate what every public school child eats for lunch?

Michelle's attitude is, eat it, and like it, because I said so.

Do you have a list of Trump's racist picks, along with their alleged transgressions?
<<<I'm guessing that you had sufficient knowledge of the enterprise top enable you to assess and manage them. The argument doesn't hold when you are talking about someone who has no knowledge of the enterprise. Same thing here.>>>

You're a bad guesser.

I was hired for my ability to get things done ; not for my knowledge of the enterprise.

Hired by a company the built and refurbish blast furnices. No experience in any construction trade.

Later hired to overhaul purchasing department at a retail company; no prio experience in retailing.
<<<But her big arse allows her reach (or at least sit) across the aisle.>>>

<<<So what qualifies Melania to have a national pulpit??

I look forward to hearing your nonsense.>>>

You used to have much more thoughtful responses to that kind of dreck.
<<<I'm guessing that you had sufficient knowledge of the enterprise top enable you to assess and manage them. The argument doesn't hold when you are talking about someone who has no knowledge of the enterprise. Same thing here.>>>

"You're a bad guesser."

Ok.

"I was hired for my ability to get things done ; not for my knowledge of the enterprise."

How did they know you had the ability to get things done?

"Hired by a company the built and refurbish blast furnices. No experience in any construction trade."

What were you hired to do?

"You're a bad guesser."

Ok.

"I was hired for my ability to get things done ; not for my knowledge of the enterprise."

How did they know you had the ability to get things done?

"Hired by a company the built and refurbish blast furnices. No experience in any construction trade."

What were you hired to do?

Managers manage people and systems.

Assembly workers run the line.

Janitors clean the facility.

Plumbers plumb.

Electricians do electrical.

Get the picture.

Now, just get a job, pay taxes and support Trump's expenses as POTUS.

W
No. of Recommendations: 4
I'm impressed that Trump is appointing some folks that were campaigning against him. Can you imagine Obama doing anything like that?

helloooo...he appointed Hillary Secy of State and Biden his veep!

How soon they forget...
Managers manage people and systems.

Maybe so, but the worst managers in the software business that I ever worked for/around/knew of were the ones who never had been worker bees. Little understanding of how long it takes to accomplish anything, and why. Little understanding of the need for extensive testing before releasing a product--and why bug-fixing is so important. Solely motivated by greed ...getting raises, bonuses and promotions--managing upward. ick. No sense of pride in what a group accomplishes *together*, always taking credit for others' accomplishments. ptui!
No. of Recommendations: 4
Do you have a list of Trump's racist picks, along with their alleged transgressions?

Steve Bannon, for CHief White House Strategist, ran Breitbart after the eponymous founder died and is part of the alt-right White Nationalist movement and an anti-Semite. No doubt he bonded with Trump over their shared values.

Sessions for attorney general was denied a federal judgeship by a GOP Senate judiciary committee due to extreme racism. He's proven time and again to be opposed to the civil rights of anyone who isn't a straight, white, Christian, American-born male.

Flynn for NSA is a crazy coot who was fired for cutting corners, is Islamaphobic and has close ties to Russia (and Turkey)--a man after Donald's own heart.

Pompeo, Tea partier for CIA, claimed All Muslim leaders were responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing. And he's a Koch brother tool.

all I can think of off-hand. Google for details.