Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 21
After a holiday break where he didn’t receive a classified intelligence briefing, President Donald Trump was supposed to get one on Jan. 6, 2021—the day he incited a violent attack on the U.S. Capitol. It didn’t happen. And then he didn’t get one for the rest of his presidency—and hasn’t received one since.

The situation in the waning days of Trump’s presidency was so uncommon that it actually caused concern among some administration officials that Trump was losing touch with reality, as he was getting unhinged advice on domestic issues from Justice Department attorneys and outside counsel that openly advocated rejecting election results.

Unlike past presidents—who would read their daily intelligence report and occasionally get briefed by a CIA officer—Trump regularly refused to read the text, demanded “killer” pictures, and preferred to get updated in person by his daily briefer.

While past presidents took great interest in having the most up-to-date information on security challenges and foreign intelligence, the CIA book that was updated last month revealed that Trump spent two days a week receiving the latest sensitive information coming in from American spies all over the globe, in sessions running 45 minutes on average.

...former President Barack Obama was known to read the daily report even while vacationing in Hawaii.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-never-got-another...

He was too busy trying to overturn the election he lost.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
What difference, does this now make,... long after he is gone from office?

Why dwell on him so??

I guess if you keep a wound open it will never heal and...well, you can keep harping on needing someone to fix it. Attention much?

Heal Thyself and move on. A heather life awaits you.

WW
No. of Recommendations: 8
Gone from office, but hardly gone.

Matter of fact, he still claims he won the election and most Republicans still repeat that lie, as an article of faith.

And then there’s the matter of Jan. 6th, for which he has yet to be held accountable.

Until he is, get used to to it.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Why dwell on him so??

Because he's planning to run again in 2024.
Matter of fact, he still claims he won the election and most Republicans still repeat that lie, as an article of faith.

If this issue really bothers you, how did/do you feel about Stacy Abrams never conceding and in fact still thinks it was stolen from her. Further, how did/do you feel about Hillary publicly telling Biden some 5 weeks before the election to "never concede". If it was not an issue then, why now?

And then there’s the matter of Jan. 6th, for which he has yet to be held accountable.

How did/do you feel holding BLM accountable for some 2 billion $ in damages across the country and some 2,000 injured or killed? By the same new goal post standard, the Jan 6 folks were mostly peaceful protesters as well.

Things are different for different people it seems. Why is that?

ww
No. of Recommendations: 25
"Matter of fact, he still claims he won the election and most Republicans still repeat that lie, as an article of faith."

If this issue really bothers you, how did/do you feel about Stacy Abrams never conceding and in fact still thinks it was stolen from her. Further, how did/do you feel about Hillary publicly telling Biden some 5 weeks before the election to "never concede". If it was not an issue then, why now?

You don't seem too appreciate the significance of this. A former President is actively promoting the idea that our election was rigged against him. And he and the GOP are actively inserting operatives into positions of power in order to ease his theft of the next election. The former guy was behind the Jan 6th insurrection at our capitol. He is undermining our system of laws. This is real and present danger to our nation.

Stacy Abrams, beyond voicing her concerns about her election, has not taken ANY action beyond her initial challenge. Someone's comments are not really relevant.

"And then there’s the matter of Jan. 6th, for which he has yet to be held accountable."

How did/do you feel holding BLM accountable for some 2 billion $ in damages across the country and some 2,000 injured or killed? By the same new goal post standard, the Jan 6 folks were mostly peaceful protesters as well.

Things are different for different people it seems. Why is that?

Laughable. You are comparing very different things and pretending they are the same. You lump together various incidents of violence across the nation at various times and blame them on "BLM". Why? That is pretty silly and nonsensical on its face. Then, you want to compare that constructed lump with a single, unprecedented attack on our capitol. These things are not even remotely comparable. Ask yourself why that is among the talking points promoted any so many on the right.

All acts of violence should be prosecuted. Many involved in those riots you refer to are being or already have been prosecuted. Many involved in the Jan 6th insurrection have been as well, and will continue to be for a while. The House panel investigation, although being met with any and every possible challenge from the former guy, including telling his people to defy congressional subpoenas, to not cooperate, while also repeatedly challenging the release of documents from the national archives that will ultimately reveal the truth of what happened that day. Ask yourself why he and they are so vehemently hiding this information?

This kind of corruption is a threat to our nation. Trump is in the process of encouraging more of it, and will try to influence (steal) the next election, whether the himself runs or not.

Believe me, I look forward to the day the Trump is gone from the headlines and is no longer a threat.
No. of Recommendations: 14
If this issue really bothers you, how did/do you feel about Stacy Abrams never conceding and in fact still thinks it was stolen from her.

She ran for governor of Georgia. She was not the president of the United States.

Do the majority of Democratic congressfolk continue to believe that she was robbed? And does the majority of the Democratic Party believe this?

Is “stacy was robbed!” a rallying cry and loyalty test that all Democrats running for office must recite in order to gain support of the DNC?

No.

That’s why your comparison fails miserably.
No. of Recommendations: 16
More importantly, did supporters of Stacy Abrams engage in riot, attack the Georgia Capitol Building, and try to hang the Lt. Gov?
No. of Recommendations: 2
You could have stopped at "Trump had no intelligence..."
She ran for governor of Georgia. She was not the president of the United States.

Seriously??? So it the office that matters and not the deed. Interesting? She was held up for promotion by her party to give the rebuttal to the state of the union address, thus promoting her and her behavior. So you have no problem with that dichotomy?

Do the majority of Democratic congressfolk continue to believe that she was robbed? And does the majority of the Democratic Party believe this?
I cannot know that because I do not know the majority of Democrats, but I can hear their silence as I can hear yours. I can assume with the above statement they were endorsing her behavior. Can you prove otherwise or supply your outrage with old posts? Also, that Hillary request to Biden, no outrage or complaining post?? You are fooling no one about your selective outrage

Is “stacy was robbed!” a rallying cry and loyalty test that all Democrats running for office must recite in order to gain support of the DNC?

No.
So says you. She refused to concede and that is the issue at hand. Fail is on your end. You cop out by saying they are not the EXACT same thing, but the issue IS the same.

Did you criticize Gore for delaying his concession until 6 weeks after the election? Why not? Then again Gore did not have a full court press of phony propaganda by the DNC, Hillary lawyers, upper level FBI, DOJ going along with the paid for "Russian Collusion" scam. Paying a foreigner in a foreign government to make stuff up with a strong knowledge base of informants, who in the end was some kook at the Brookings Institute is a full court press of lying and disinformation over 4+ years. That alone would make anyone doubt the legitimacy of that election. Still, I think he should have conceded but with several caveats citing the Democratic operation against a sitting president. Once proven, that is treason.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Seattle Pioneer?
No. of Recommendations: 0
No, but a big fan.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 5
I thought you were new?
Brand new baby. Long time-in and out, reader and observer. Just getting around to posting on occasion.

ww
Actually, SaloonGal was my all time favorite.

In any event, back to my work...carry on and remember when behavior patterns repeat it is telling you something.

WW
No. of Recommendations: 19
Translation, you got banned and have returned under a new name. Try to abide by the rules this time.
Is he the guy from the NPI board? Dumma?
Translation, you got banned and have returned under a new name. Try to abide by the rules this time.

The micro-aggression is palpable.

ww
Just offering some friendly advice. Take it or leave it.
Is he the guy from the NPI board? Dumma?

You mean New Retire Early CampFIRE. That’s what that board was morphing into.
No. of Recommendations: 8
Willswill says :
"Did you criticize Gore for delaying his concession until 6 weeks after the election? Why not?"
----------------------------------------

Did you criticize Trump for delaying his concession until.......................... well,
forever ???? If you dislike how Gore handled the results, you must absolutely despise how
Trump handled the results. If not, well that would be some major dichotomy.

Please link to your posts where you criticized Trump for not conceding.
You can look them up under your previous TMF moniker, we'd all like to see them.
Did you criticize Trump for delaying his concession until.......................... well,
forever ????
I provided an answer to that early in this thread. See post #2368172. Then again, that was a conversation with a different poster. That silence says it all.

If you dislike how Gore handled the results, you must absolutely despise how
Trump handled the results. If not, well that would be some major dichotomy.

I did not dislike what Vore did so much as I thought he was just being a spoiled weasel. Time has proven me correct on that.Apparently life time politicians tend to be that way, or so it seems. Look at Hillary's recommendation to never concede. Yikes! I also clearly stated earlier in this thread about the extenuating circumstances that Trump endured that Vore did not and nor did Stacey. The 4+ years of manipulation of the FISA courts, help from the upper levels of the FBI, CIA, Obama's round table, the media, Buying news you can use via 12 M from the DNC and Hillary, Alfa bank, and on and on it goes. It just seems odd that they all align nicely. But from some it is just silence when certain folks do it.

Thanks for your reply but I was really hoping to break the silence with the poster to seemed to have such issues....unilaterally.

Peace.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 12
I guess if you keep a wound open it will never heal

When a wound gets infected, you can’t just leave it to heal. You have to kill the infection, sometimes cutting out the diseased tissue. If you don’t, the whole body is affected and can die.

Our wounds from Trump are infected and festering. They will not heal until the infected tissue is removed and the infection is gone.

We are prosecuting those who invaded the Capitol building, but we have yet to prosecute those responsible for planning and organizing the invasion. Until that happens, our National wounds cannot heal.

—Peter
No. of Recommendations: 2
Seattle Pioneer?

Could be. The use of coherent sentences strung together into an irrational argument is certainly similar.
The original point was that "if you keep picking at an open wound it will never heal".

Perhaps picking at it and not allowing it to heal is a way to keep it important and ignoring your own contribution to the lack of healing.

Just a thought.

Peace. Be safe and be aware.

ww
Actually, SaloonGal was my all time favorite.

Now there’s a journey in the wayback machine.
No. of Recommendations: 29

I think he should have conceded...

Just moments ago, I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States, and I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time.

I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we just passed.

Al Gore

Show me anything that Trump has ever done to unite this Nation.
You support and represent everything that is evil and reprehensible to democracy
The original point was that "if you keep picking at an open wound it will never heal".

I’m well aware of the saying, thank you. Now, back to my point - that the wound can’t heal until the infection is gone.

Using your own logic, I take it by your silence that you agree with me. Trumpism is the disease infecting our National politics, and that it must be thoroughly defeated before we can move on.

—Peter
No. of Recommendations: 3
I have missed SP, although he could be really annoying during his last year or two of posting (several people opined he was developing dementia, although I thought it seemed more like depression).

I don't think Mr Swill sounds quite like SP, although SP is intelligent enough to carry off a fake persona, for a while anyhow. So we shall see.

Many times I wished SP were here to add to discussions of things like the changing weather of the PNW, his methods of frugality, anecdotes of his years in business.

Since he was alone, I worried about him sometimes. With a spouse w.dementia, I feel kind of alone myself and can sympathize.
Using your own logic, I take it by your silence that you agree with me. Trumpism is the disease infecting our National politics, and that it must be thoroughly defeated before we can move on.

—Peter

Just trying to be helpful, but are you aware of munchausen syndrome? All the antibiotics in the world will not fix what is the root of the problem.

Creating a supervillain has its cost and this is especially so with the believers. They seem to be unable to ever rid themselves of this affliction. This continues to feed the status quo of justifying all behavior against the supervillain.

This explains dismissing the circle of deeds by upper levels of the FBI, CIA, Media, DNC, GPS Simpson, DOJ, bribing a foreigner in a foreign country to provide invented damaging information to affect a Presidential election and that Presidents subsequent term.

Many different things that fit, will not ever go away. There is no medication for this. However, if sane and sober folks stood against such behavior for ANYONE or ANY group to commit or plan, then we could be on the path to some kind of healing.

Peace.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 11
ww…Brand new baby. Long time-in and out, reader and observer. Just getting around to posting on occasion.

Since you are “new” maybe you missed the reasons why I can’t stand liars and traitors like Trump and his racist true believers. Trump supporters on this board have one blatant feature that amazes me, when ever their opinions are exposed as total fiction, they go right on believing them.

https://boards.fool.com/a-conversation-with-trump-bots-34830...

https://boards.fool.com/a-short-history-of-trump-34491058.as...

proton
Since you are “new” maybe you missed the reasons why I can’t stand liars and traitors like Trump and his racist true believers. Trump supporters on this board have one blatant feature that amazes me, when ever their opinions are exposed as total fiction, they go right on believing them.

I think I see your problem.

You don't have to be a Trump supporter in order to see some very wrong things. That is just a cover to dismiss those behaviors and traits that make you think you are favoring one side or the other. You only make your side stronger (and thus the entire system is up lifted) , by doing an inside job of making things better. It was the mistake of the German citizenry in the 1920's-30's. They created a fear based system centered around "deplorable supervillains" that allowed for the worst of all things. Happening again???

Make the system better by weeding out the misdeeds....and there are many to choose from. Eyes wide shut does no one any good.

Peace. Be safe and be aware.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 12
Make the system better by weeding out the misdeeds

That's the purpose of the 1/6 insurrection investigation
No. of Recommendations: 4
You don't have to be a Trump supporter in order to see some very wrong things.

What things?

That is just a cover to dismiss those behaviors and traits that make you think you are favoring one side or the other.

What are you talking about?

You only make your side stronger (and thus the entire system is up lifted) , by doing an inside job of making things better.

What are you talking about?

It was the mistake of the German citizenry in the 1920's-30's. They created a fear based system centered around "deplorable supervillains" that allowed for the worst of all things. Happening again???

What are you talking about? I don’t speak wingnutese.

Make the system better by weeding out the misdeeds....and there are many to choose from. Eyes wide shut does no one any good.

What are you talking about? This all may make sense to you, but I live in factual reality and etherial, factless free associations don’t hold much store with me. Try listing factual things that support your views, if you can't then I'm done with you.

proton
Nope.
Never again.

Amen brother! However, you have fallen off the yellow brick road I suspect.

But I fear you are missing the recent deplorable thingy and the authors of true treason and foreign collusion in the name of buying into and stacking the deck regarding the supervillain thing.

Think about it. Trump was always his own worst enemy, arrogant, pompous, born to unearned privilege and basically a "Manhattan, died in the wool Democrat, turned opportunistic RINO and real estate baron. That should be enough without cheating at cards. His attributes do not justify the dirty deeds done in our Republic. If they are wrong to do, they are wrong for everyone... that is what makes the Republic work. The same goes for applying the rule of law and order. But to call that out takes courage.

Peace

ww
Think about it. Trump was always his own worst enemy, arrogant, pompous, born to unearned privilege and basically a "Manhattan, died in the wool Democrat, turned opportunistic RINO and real estate baron. That should be enough without cheating at cards.<you/i>

Apparently not, at least in today's iteration of the Republican Party, where you will be primaried and villanized if dare to speak ill of the established fact that Trump won the election.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Just what we need, another troll . . .

Hello and goodbye.

Wessex
"Just what we need, another troll . . ."

This is a .. General .. Political discussion board, The established Liberal echo chamber is over at RELE.
Just what we need, another troll . . .

Hello and goodbye.

Wessex

That is an improvement over being called filthy.

ww
I miss SP too. Back in the early Fool days he was interesting and had a wry sense of humor. Wonder what happened to change him so.