No. of Recommendations: 12
"But if we do a deal with China, if, during the course of a negotiation they want to hit the farmers because they think that hits me, I wouldn’t say that's nice. But I tell you, our farmers are great patriots,” Trump said.

“These are great patriots. They understand that they're doing this for the country," Trump said. "And we'll make it up to them. And in the end, they're going to be much stronger than they are right now.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382292-trump-say...

Even worse than being loved by trump is being a little guy without a lobby being loved by trump. The trump budget shows these little guys just how much that love is worth.

President Donald Trump’s "I LOVE YOU!" tweet to farmers is facing another challenge: Budget cuts that will slash subsidies for crop insurance and small growers

The plan would trim the USDA budget by $3.6 billion to $20.8 billion, lowering subsidies for crop insurance premiums to 48 percent from 62 percent, and limiting subsidies for growers who make less than $500,000 annually.

Where is all this farm love taking these great patriots? Down the road to ruin.

While this trade stalemate has been occurring, farmers have suffered major economic setbacks. The Wall Street Journal recently reported that American farmers are filing for bankruptcy “at levels not seen for at least a decade.” Though the trade war is not the only factor, it’s had a significant role.

“We’re seeing bankruptcies up by 98%, and farmers are trying to get their operating money put together this spring, and it’s going to be really hard,” Watne said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trade-war-farmer-end-13053501...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.