Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
Donald Trump, Melania test positive for COVID-19. I wish them both a speedy recovery.

Cooler
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Really? A lot of people have been hoping...

Vermonter
I dare say this is going to be the most closely watched 'new cases' since Boris Johnson and Tom Hanks and wife.

If asymptomatic, I can see him talking from the oval office wondering what the fuss over otherwise healthy people is all about.

Per the CDC reported hospitalizations and deaths, those over 60 represent about 80% of deaths, with this percentage being greater with the comorbidities of obesity, and hypertension, all of which apply to Trump. Melania is only 50 and so the risk to her is much less.

It'll be interesting to see if he is put on a regimen of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-inflamatory drug, the latest favipiravir or remdesivir.

Let's wish him and Melania the very best

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 1
"It'll be interesting to see if he is put on a regimen of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-inflamatory drug, the latest favipiravir or remdesivir."

More likely, he'll be getting massive quantities of anti-body treatments from formerly infected patients.....so as to reduce or eliminate most of the infection. Plus anti-inflamatory drugs and remdesivir.

Maybe he'll put a coherent economic plan and plan for addressing 'social justice' issues in place in the next two weeks. It's either that, or lose the election due to not addressing most issues other than tweets.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 9
It'll be interesting to see if he is put on a regimen of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-inflamatory drug, the latest favipiravir or remdesivir. - BruceM

I just heard on the news that Trumps personal physician has given him an injection of some "polyclonal...something or other". It was described as a new treatment that is in stage three trials and has shown results significantly lowering the viral load in patients prior to hospitalization.

Let's wish him and Melania the very best - BruceM

Me too. I saw a clip of Prayerful Nancy saying she was praying for the president & first lady. There was no followup question as to what she was praying for.
No. of Recommendations: 5
This is a bad situation for the country.

I know some are hatefully wishing him ill, but he IS the President, and deserves our prayers, as do any others infected.

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 1
Maybe he'll put a coherent economic plan and plan for addressing 'social justice' issues in place in the next two weeks. It's either that, or lose the election due to not addressing most issues other than tweets.

Huh?
No. of Recommendations: 4
Yes it is RV, but it doesn’t excuse your hateful On another board earlier.
LuckyDog:

I don't much care what I may have said about him elsewhere. He is now potentially dangerously ill and IS the President of the United States, which is serious for all of us.

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 0
The latest is that the President is improving... Trump Doing Very Well And Fever-Free... Update (1135ET): Trump's doctors have begun their briefing, saying that Trump has needed no supplemental oxygen, and is doing "very well" and is "improving" as of Saturday morning. Trump no longer has a fever... and hasn't had one since Friday morning... https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/watch-live-trumps-doctor-d...

-=Ajax=-
No. of Recommendations: 0
Dexamethasone lowers fever and makes you feel better. He's certainly subjectively feeling better than he would be if symptoms weren't being suppressed.
Trump's doctors have begun their briefing, saying that Trump [did not need]... oxygen, and is doing "very well" and is "improving" as of Saturday morning. Trump no longer has a fever... and hasn't had one since Friday morning... https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/watch-live-trumps-doctor-d...

Dexamethasone lowers fever and makes you feel better. He's certainly subjectively feeling better than he would be if symptoms weren't being suppressed.

No. We know the President is taking Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic and that, along with Zinc, stopped the virus from replicating and it is eradicating the virus from his body.

The bad news, if true, out of Walter Reed is that the President was given Remdesivir, a worthless medication that according to The Lancet performed worse than the placebo: "Findings... Adverse events were reported in 102 (66%) of 155 Remdesivir recipients versus 50 (64%) of 78 placebo recipients. Remdesivir was stopped early because of adverse events in 18 (12%) patients versus four (5%) patients who stopped placebo early." https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6...

-=Ajax=-
No. of Recommendations: 2
Ajax,

I'm no doctor, but I looked into these drugs a while back. From what I saw (unless things have changed), Remdesivir is FDA approved for Covid 19. However, it is less effective when combined with hydroxychloroquine.

For more info with actual sourced material, click this link.

https://boards.fool.com/4056/gledmo-i39d-be-careful-in-consi...

TMFEdyboom223
No. of Recommendations: 2
For more info with actual sourced material, click this link.

https://boards.fool.com/4056/gledmo-i39d-be-careful-in-consi......

TMFEdyboom223

-------------------

Some of us are not worthy.....

Access Denied

You do not currently have access to this part of our site.

If you believe this is in error, please contact our member services team at loginhelp@fool.com or phone 844-408-4386 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm ET

Vermonter

Very classy.

</sarcasm>
Kathleen

Leftists can be such hypocrites
This is a bad situation for the country.

I know some are hatefully wishing him ill, but he IS the President, and deserves our prayers, as do any others infected.

Vermonter

Did you change you mind from this post:

Vermonter

Kathleen