No. of Recommendations: 23
Well, BuzzFeed is reporting that president Trump directed his personal attorney, Michael Cohen, to lie to Congress with respect to the Moscow Trump Tower project.

Uh-oh.

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

#trumpshutdown

#WheresMitch

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/jasonleopold/trump-russ...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I can't wait to hear what Giuliani has to say about this.

This is where the real fun starts.
No. of Recommendations: 14
At last, Donald Trump is directly being implicated as an actual criminal.

Not his subordinates- the spotlight is upon Trump, accusing him of directing an illegal activity.
No. of Recommendations: 11
I can't wait to hear what Giuliani has to say about this.

"Trump had no knowledge of Trump's criminal instructions to Cohen. And if he did know, there's nothing illegal about illegality if it's legal, and this illegally is perfectly legal from the standpoint of a legal standpoint.

I've been saying this for years."
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Trump had no knowledge of Trump's criminal instructions to Cohen. And if he did know, there's nothing illegal about illegality if it's legal, and this illegally is perfectly legal from the standpoint of a legal standpoint."

Yes, I suspect it will look something like that.
No. of Recommendations: 10
Former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman pointed out that Trump’s efforts to intimidate Michael Cohen into not testifying are a felony that carries a 20-year prison sentence.

Trump is desperate to hang on to the presidency because it could be the only thing keeping him from spending the rest of his life inside of a prison cell.

https://politicalwire.com
No. of Recommendations: 1
lol...

Witch hunt!!!

You people are sad.
No. of Recommendations: 2
lol...

Witch hunt!!!

You people are sad.

When you've hitched your wagon to an obvious charlatan, deflection and denial aren't the last argumentative resorts. They are the only ones. But the truth will out...and where will you be?

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 12
Thank sweet baby jebus!

Assuming this reporting is accurate, here we have a crystal clear criminal act that is simple enough for anyone to understand. And it ties nicely to the overall Russian scandal, it that it highlights Trump's easiest to understand motive for betraying the country to the Russians.

Here's the best part: "The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office."

So, any effort to say this is just Cohen lying are easily revealed as pathetic. He was only confirming facts known from other sources .

Even though Trump has no doubt committed scores of felonies as a career criminal prior to running for president (e.g., rampant money laundering, tax evasion, and fraud), scores of other crimes or unconstitutional acts since then (egregious campaign finance violations, obstruction of justice, rampant emolument clause violations), most of this is complicated or falls in at least a slightly gray area. I've always been worried the American people would lose the forest for the trees.

The Dem strategy now should be to hack away this one tree and not stop until this obvious Russian stooge comes crashing down.

A question to ask Republicans non stop: "Your party voted overwhelming to impeach a President for lying to avoid personal embarrassment about a consensual sex act that had nothing to do with why he was being investigated by the special counsel. So of course you're going to impeach a President who suborned perjury before Congress to hide his motive for colluding with the Russians to betray our country. Right?"

Gordon66
Let’s first see if there is reliable corroboration.

Then ...

Ken
"Let’s first see if there is reliable corroboration."

That's the thing, two years into investigating Trump and 5,000 smoking guns stories that never get corroborated because it's all a made up get Trump strategy.

Pretty safe to assume this isn't gonna be corroborated like everything else.
No. of Recommendations: 9

Yah, like everything else....except for the numerous indictment thingies of Manafort, Cohen, etc... Mueller is methodically working toward toward the rotten core of the Trump crime family.

I'm surprised that you admit to that. But, to be fair, not everything has (yet) been corroborated. But many of the band of criminals, thugs, and incompetents that Trump found to surround himself with have fallen by the wayside - or are in prison as felons. Likely a few of those left are not actually criminals, or may simply avoid being prosecuted in some way. I think Junior has some prison time in his future.... and then the Mueller investigation is still going on and has yet to make a peep about what it knows. Hmmm...do you think that is a good sign or a bad one for Donald? I'm thinking it isn't good...

So not "everything else".

Yet.
"I'm surprised that you admit to that. But, to be fair, not everything has (yet) been corroborated."

I expect the PP tapes will show up sooner than later.

Ken
Fourteen sitting Republican senators voted to impeach Clinton for obstruction of justice on something far flimsier than this.

We’ll soon see if the meant what they said back then, or if they’re partisan hacks without an ounce of integrity.
Can someone tell me if Guliani is defending Trump or trying to get him imprisoned? It’s seriously hard to tell.