Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Sixty-five percent, according to PPP, think Obama is a Muslim. These views aren’t incidental to Trump supporters’ affection for their candidate. They’re central. Hamilton College political scientist Philip Klinkner did a study on which views most strongly correlate to support for Trump. He found that:
"You can ask just one simple question to find out whether someone likes Donald Trump more than Hillary Clinton: Is Barack Obama a Muslim? If they are white and the answer is yes, 89 percent of the time that person will have a higher opinion of Trump than Clinton. That’s more accurate than asking people if it’s harder to move up the income ladder than it was for their parents (54 percent), whether they oppose trade deals (66 percent), or if they think the economy is worse now than last year (81 percent). It’s even more accurate than asking them if they are Republican (87 percent)."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/after-trump-a-call-for...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
It is sad what a small mind you have.
No. of Recommendations: 0
He was born Muslim. Hussein is an incontrovertible Muslim name. According to Muslims tenets, that is for life.

At every opportunity, he sides with Muslims.

Has he ever formally converted to Christianity?
Since when is Muslim a race?

What race do you have to be to be a true Muslim?

Yes.
No. of Recommendations: 1

Yes.
============================================================

You're correct, he did around 1988, in Reverend Wright's church.

Probably to make himself more politically acceptable.

He's much more likely to criticize Christians just for being Christian, like with his cling to religion comment, and defend Muslims at every chance. So one has to wonder about his sincerity.
"You can ask just one simple question to find out whether someone likes Donald Trump more than Hillary Clinton: Is Barack Obama a Muslim? If they are white and the answer is yes, 89 percent of the time that person will have a higher opinion of Trump than Clinton.

Goofnoff,

The word "racist" has become conflated with bigotry - and they are actually quite different things.

Racism is the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bigot&rlz=1CAACAG_enUS62...

Bigotry, on the other hand, is intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bigot&rlz=1CAACAG_enUS62...

I hate racism, I eschew racists, and I avoid them like the plague. However, I don't know whether it would be helpful for me to offer any sort of political litmus test to every person with whom I associate and, depending upon their answer, to label them a racist.

I think that, when people conflate racism with bigotry, they have devolved into the realm of Godwin's Law. It is just not helpful for the purpose of winning an argument, convincing a person of the soundness of your opinion, or changing their mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I think that a person who is intolerant toward Muslims is actually a religious bigot, not a racist.

There really is a difference. In fact, there are many, many different forms of bigotry. People who discriminate against and exhibit intolerance toward other cultures, religions or nationalities are much more likely to be bigots than racists.

I have known people who are bigots. Some people are bigoted toward same-sex couples, some toward Muslims, some toward Asians, even some toward blacks or African-Americans. I avoid bigots just like I would avoid racists, but I don't conflate the two.

I could engage a bigot in an argument with the hope of persuading him or her to change their intolerant attitude and become more accepting. I would not, however, even try to argue with a racist. Of course, sometimes circumstances alone are enough to change a person's mind.

I actually know of one white man I would characterize as a racist who, after his daughter married a black man and had a mixed-race child, completely abandoned his racism, accepted his son-in-law and fell in love with his granddaughter.

Bigotry is much more widespread than is racism. Conflating the two is just not helpful for any reason I can think of - and it certainly is not helpful for changing minds and hearts.

The question you describe is likely to uncover religious bigotry, not racism.
The left uses the term racist as a tool; if you disagree with them, you're a racist, and racists shouldn't be allowed to speak.

Look at what we're expected to conclude today: if the Trumpers are all racist, and Trump won, then there must be far more racists in this country than we originally thought.

But that's not even close to being right.

Trump didn't win because there's really "that many" racists. He won because people who are sick of being called racist, people who are sick of having speech censored and being PC shamed for disagreeing, kept their intentions to themselves and quietly voted for Trump.

swamp
Thinking Obama is a Muslim is not racist, it's just a belief, right or wrong, its just a belief.
"Bigotry, on the other hand, is intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself."

This describes the left today to a "T". You can thank the education system for this one, indoctrinating young adults into a view point that can't be debated has resulted in intense bigotry from the left. The funny thing is the left says they are tolerant people, however the left has zero tolerance, if your view is not theirs it's WW3.
"Trump didn't win because there's really "that many" racists. "

Fact is there are just as many racists on the left as there is on the right.
0bama is not a Muslim. He's not really Christian either IMHO. He's a religious opportunist. He went to a (radical lefty) church when he had to show he was Christian, but apparently didn't hear anything being preached from the pulpit (per his own admission). He is more than willing to side with Muslims when politically expedient to appease lefties (who always root for the "victim" and after 9/11 what better victim than the Muslims?) Unfortunately that means he often ended up siding with some absolute reprobates (such as the odious Muslim Brotherhood, look how well that turned out!)

So I'm not surprised many think he's a Muslim. They're confusing his political appeasement with membership. Nope. He's an atheist who simply sides with whomever benefits him politically at the moment. Christians weren't fooled that he was "one of them" ever because he's clearly not... it's just that some assumed he had SOME religions affinity and assumed it must be to Muslims. Nope. He's a chameleon.
Fact is there are just as many racists on the left as there is on the right.

That's just among the white folks

Expand that a little, and the results really get ugly.
"Fact is there are just as many racists on the left as there is on the right."

Your opinion does not meet the definition of 'fact'. In this case, it is just something that you'd like to believe, but most probably isn't true.
"Fact is there are just as many racists on the left as there is on the right."

Your opinion does not meet the definition of 'fact'. In this case, it is just something that you'd like to believe, but most probably isn't true.

Those on the left who use the race card as a tool, are not doing it to help people of color. Leftists appropriate terms like 'racist' to serve their own needs. People who use the race card for their own purposes are abusing people of color and are therefore racist themselves.

It would be like me driving around with a 'Woman for Trump' sign, even though I'm a guy. In that case, I would be a misogynist, because I would be abusing women by stealing their card for my own purposes.

Going with my definition, that is that leftists appropriating race cards for their own purposes are racists themselves,.. there are actually far more racists on the left.

swamp