No. of Recommendations: 2
Trump Hits Back at Pelosi, Threatening Her Trip Abroad Over the State of the Union
President Trump sent a letter to Speaker Pelosi on Thursday after she requested to postpone his State of the Union address.

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Friday retaliated against Speaker Nancy Pelosi for threatening to cancel his planned State of the Union address on Jan. 29, writing in a letter that he, in turn, was postponing her planned trip abroad, calling it a “public relations event.”

“I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan has been postponed,” Mr. Trump wrote. “We will reschedule this seven day excursion when the shutdown is over.”

Maybe we should establish a minimum age for the office of president.

Well, I know there a chronological minimum age in the Constitution.

I was thinking of establishing a minimum emotional age. Good idea, I think.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/us/politics/trump-pelosi-...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
What a jerk our POTUS remains.

Ken
What a jerk our POTUS remains.

I can't argue with that -- But wait!

Pelosi's trip, I've heard, was scheduled for 3:30pm TODAY.

Of course this trip was arranged thru the State Dept. and the equivalent offices of Afghanistan, Egypt, and Belgium. Secret Service, etc.

He's a manchild/
No. of Recommendations: 8
PS: "Pelosi's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. There was speculation on Capitol Hill that Pelosi's trip, which had not been previously announced, may have already been canceled when congressional leaders scrapped next week's recess."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/425887-trump-fir...

Mr. impotent and flaccid wannabe dictator strikes again.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 3
Politicians do not stand a chance playing chicken with experienced private sector executives, Trump is making them all look stupid on a daily basis.
No. of Recommendations: 4
left wing NPCs are like bad hockey refs: they always miss the obvious stick foul or something that generated retaliation.

Pelosi tried to deplatform Trump with respect to the SOTU and then lied about it.

So Trump is merely replying in kind. Yet this post only faults Trump. Which is okay, this is textbook NPC behavior.
No. of Recommendations: 11
Politicians do not stand a chance playing chicken with experienced private sector executives, Trump is making them all look stupid on a daily basis.

Well . . . you got that partly correct. Trump is making a group look stupid on a daily basis. That group is his supporters, though, not opposing politicians.
No. of Recommendations: 7
And the best part of all this was that the dems were actually on the bus headed to Andrews AFB when the cancellation came.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan has been postponed,” Mr. Trump wrote. “We will reschedule this seven day excursion when the shutdown is over.”

LOL!!! Brilliant move.

Nancy can fire up her broom and go on her own dime.
No. of Recommendations: 30
And the best part of all this was that the dems were actually on the bus headed to Andrews AFB when the cancellation came.
------------------------

Yes, because petty, juvenile, small-minded, vindictive behavior is so very presidential. In upside-down world, actually leading, governing, and making sane decisions must be "the worst." Trump becomes more like the enraged derelict at the end of the bar with each passing day.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 6
Yes, because petty, juvenile, small-minded, vindictive behavior is so very presidential. In upside-down world, actually leading, governing, and making sane decisions must be "the worst." Trump becomes more like the enraged derelict at the end of the bar with each passing day.

Nice try. Pelosi - who says that the Constitution says that she's the equal of the President, proving that she doesn't really know anything about the Constitution in the first place - is the one saying one thing (WE NEED TO END THE SHUTDOWN AND SHOULD TALK) and doing another (flying on some junket on the other side of the world).

So who's actually doing their job here? No rational mind would say that Pelosi is.

Here's to more Republicans directly and painfully *retaliating* against democrats. Never take a bully's nonsense; put them on the floor to teach them the price of bullying.
”Yes, because petty, juvenile, small-minded, vindictive behavior is so very presidential. In upside-down world, actually leading, governing, and making sane decisions must be "the worst." Trump becomes more like the enraged derelict at the end of the bar with each passing day.”

I guess Nancy shouldn’t have started it by being a petty, juvenile, small-minded, vindictive little witch unworthy of the speakership. In upside-down world, actually leading, governing, and making sane decisions must be "the worst." Pelosi becomes more like the enraged derelict at the end of the bar with each passing day.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Steve

Childishly Brilliant...

Nancy started it...whaaah

I'd love to have seen the look on Nancy's face when she got the news....
But her face is so frozen with Botox it would be hard to tell what her reaction was.
”I'd love to have seen the look on Nancy's face when she got the news....
But her face is so frozen with Botox it would be hard to tell what her reaction was.”

She is probably still spitting and cussing. I wish I could see it.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
No. of Recommendations: 24
But her face is so frozen with Botox it would be hard to tell what her reaction was.

Interesting that only women get attacked for plastic surgery.

When have you ever mentioned Trump's scalp-reduction ­surgery? Oh I forgot, we're only supposed to attack women, calling them pigs, fat, ugly trash bins, and grabbing their crouch is ok, sticking your tongue forceable into a young woman's mouth is ok if you're a man in power. More said by the conservative religious right, joke of the world.
No. of Recommendations: 11
"I guess Nancy shouldn’t have started it by being a petty, juvenile, small-minded, vindictive little witch unworthy of the speakership."

Apples to oranges. The SOTU is nothing more than a political tradition which Trump would have used to advance his position on the wall. While still petty, I can see where the democrats would be concerned about giving Trump an easy win.

As for Pelosi's trip, it was far more substantial and included visiting American troops in a war zone that Donald Trump has been afraid to go near for his two years in office. Canceling it is an insult to our troops, not just the Speaker.

As for pettiness, Trump had an opportunity to make a claim to being the bigger person and blew it in a big way. He just can't help himself.
No. of Recommendations: 5
”Apples to oranges. The SOTU is nothing more than a political tradition which Trump would have used to advance his position on the wall. While still petty, I can see where the democrats would be concerned about giving Trump an easy win.”

No, you are just a hypocrite. They were both petty acts and they are both acting like children. Man up and admit it. Geez, it is amazing how far dems will go to rationalize their tribes poor behavior. Sad and pathetic.

Stupid has a liberal bias.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
"the best part of all this was that the dems were actually on the bus headed to Andrews AFB when the cancellation came."

Oh, payback time.

If Pelosi tries to stop the State of the Union Address....a tradition since George Washington...... from happening because of the shutdown.....oh, when her boondoggle trip with a bunch of democrat politicians gets derailed.......the libs go bonkers.....

Sorry, why should a hundred secret service agents and Homeland Security have to follow that entourage around when 800,000 are working without paychecks? out of the country.

Her business is being 'bi-partisan' and 'compromising' with Trump, not being obstinate and then 'out of the country' when the Pelosi/Schumer shutdown went on, and on, and on....because Democrats, because they are ONLY PARTISAN, can participate in a working government.

I hope she and her traveling democrats were really , really steamed when they heard the news about the 'trip postponement'.

t.
rich:"The SOTU is nothing more than a political tradition"

It is a 200 year tradition going back to the first president.

- -----

Rich:"which Trump would have used to advance his position on the wall. "

The DEmocrats get 'equal time' on the Lame Stream Media, and of course, the Lame STream commentators use their 100% liberal bias to micro-dissect it (but not for democrat Presidents).....

So it's 'neutral'.

- ------

Rich:"As for Pelosi's trip, it was far more substantial and included visiting American troops in a war zone that Donald Trump has been afraid to go near for his two years in office. "

Most of those troops hate the democrats and especially her! NO, it was a political stunt.....and she would be 'out of the country' for any negotiations for 10 days to get the government back working again...well, the 30% that is non-essential.

You can find all the 'facts' you need without going overseas. That's why she has a staff of dozens, and can talk with military leaders across the board. No need to go there and showboat.

- -------

Rich:"Canceling it is an insult to our troops, not just the Speaker."

They're probably celebrating not having to stand at attention, get everything super clean, have Homeland Security folks climbing all over everything........

and most of the troops hate her guts. Period.

Nothing lost

- - ------

Rich:": Trump had an opportunity "

Yes, to keep Pelosi and democrats in town so they can get their butts in gear, negotiate and end the Pelosi/Schumer shut down. No reason to be out of town at such a critical time, right/

The trip is merely postponed.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 7
"Stupid has a liberal bias."

Wasn't expecting an intelligent reply from you and you sure stuck to script. As I assume you are a Fox News watcher, you'd know that 2 weeks ago, Sean Hannity "instructed" Donald Trump to keep the shutdown going through the SOTU and use that as a vehicle to reach the country and sell the wall.

As I said, the SOTU is nothing more than a political event and would have been that much more political this year. Nancy Pelosi saw through that and nipped it in the bud so stop crying. Maybe Trump can use this opportunity to go to Afghanistan in her place.
https://www.thewrap.com/sean-hannity-tells-trump-to-continue...

Perfect reason the SOTU should be delayed.

"It is a 200 year tradition going back to the first president."

A lot of 200 year traditions have gone by the wayside the past 2 years. So what?

"The DEmocrats get 'equal time' on the Lame Stream Media, and of course, the Lame STream commentators use their 100% liberal bias to micro-dissect it (but not for democrat Presidents).....

So it's 'neutral'."

Ok, now you're being ridiculous. There's nothing equal about the two.

"Yes, to keep Pelosi and democrats in town so they can get their butts in gear, negotiate and end the Pelosi/Schumer shut down."

LOL, what happened to Trump being happy to own the shutdown? The buck stops where?
There is nothing to negotiate. The government will be shut down for months. It's not up to Trump. He's not the real president. As shown above, the shutdown will last until Hannity and Coulter tell him.
Make America Petty Again.
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Friday retaliated against Speaker Nancy Pelosi for threatening to cancel his planned State of the Union address on Jan. 29, writing in a letter that he, in turn, was postponing her planned trip abroad, calling it a “public relations event.”

“I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan has been postponed,” Mr. Trump wrote. “We will reschedule this seven day excursion when the shutdown is over.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nancy started it. I think its funny.

Bean
”Wasn't expecting an intelligent reply from you and you sure stuck to script.”

Pot, kettle.

”As I assume you are a Fox News watcher, you'd know that 2 weeks ago, Sean Hannity "instructed" Donald Trump to keep the shutdown going through the SOTU and use that as a vehicle to reach the country and sell the wall.”

I watch lots of different news sources and no, I didn’t see that. I don’t think Trump needs Hannity to tell him to use the SOTU to sell the wall though.

”As I said, the SOTU is nothing more than a political event and would have been that much more political this year. Nancy Pelosi saw through that and nipped it in the bud so stop crying. Maybe Trump can use this opportunity to go to Afghanistan in her place.”

Pelosi invited him to come per tradition. She then childishly reneged on the invitation. I am not crying, you are. You are weeping because Trump responded in kind to your precious Nancy in an unflattering way. Screw her. She wants to play with the big boys, she can suck it up. So can you.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Pelosi invited him to come per tradition. She then childishly reneged on the invitation. I am not crying, you are. You are weeping because Trump responded in kind to your precious Nancy in an unflattering way. Screw her. She wants to play with the big boys, she can suck it up. So can you.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol...I just laughed so hard I peed.

Nancy is no doubt beside herself right now.

Bean
No. of Recommendations: 1
"You are weeping because Trump responded in kind to your precious Nancy in an unflattering way. Screw her. She wants to play with the big boys, she can suck it up."

LOL, yes, Pelosi wants to play with the big boys and is eating their lunch. Thanks to Trump's overreaction, Pelosi can go ahead with the disinvite to SOTU with little pushback. It's no longer the story. She played him. Pelosi missing an overseas trip is a minor deal on the political spectrum but Trump being unable to make the play that Hannity wanted for him is huge. You can bet that Hannity and Coulter were already writing the script. I'm looking forward to see Pelosi's next move.

Thanks to Donald, she's become more powerful than anyone else in the country.
No. of Recommendations: 14
You have a point in referencing a photo from SNOPES where the Snopes piece actually debunks as FALSE the claim of the "racist" object as being in the Warren kitchen picture?

"This spurious claim was initially pushed by users on the Internet forum 4Chan and the r/The_Donald section of Reddit, but it was also promoted to a larger audience by Fox News contributor Tomi Lahren (who later deleted her tweet on the subject):"
Senator Elizabeth Warren does not have a racist piece of memorabilia atop her kitchen cabinets. This accusation was made in bad faith and without evidence in an attempt to smear the Massachusetts politician."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/elizabeth-warren-memorabil...

Ken
Senator Elizabeth Warren does not have a racist piece of memorabilia atop her kitchen cabinets.

It's interesting that Fullerkz would post a random propaganda link about Warren on a thread that has nothing to do with Warren, racism, or up coming elections
Trump piled all the democrats’ luggage in the hallway outside of Pelosi’s office.

Troll level: Master.
This is what fighting back looks like. The democrats have gotten a free pass in their quest to ruin America for the last 40 years. It’s high time somebody stood up to them.
Those kinds of #hottakes make perfect sense if you think that no mater which party is in chharge the GOP should go along with democrat wishes.

(Let’s nite for the record that no way in hades should that ever happen, which is why it wasn’t a particularly good #hottake).

As I said, put bullies on the floor and keep your boot on them until they shout matte (Movie reference chosen such that left wing NPC’s will remain clueless).
Sigh.
<click>
Right back at you. NeverTrump is boring and oftentimes - actually, every time - misses the point.

<ploink>
NeverTrump is boring
I've grown tired of your hate. Not worth my time.
Hate from me? That’s ridiculous. But whatever floats your boat; you may marinate in your own bile without me.
Trump piled all the democrats’ luggage in the hallway outside of Pelosi’s office.

Troll level: Master.

Notice the PA echo chamber is reduced to calling Trump dumb and a man child stuff?

They can't get over Trump's payback...LOL
LOL!!! Brilliant move.

While the wingnuts seem to revel in Trump's cancellation of this trip and his revealing the classified details of the airports and visits, I doubt seriously if Pelosi and members of Congress were really disappointed. It wasn't a pleasure trip and probably isn't the kind of exposure that does them that much good with their constituents. It was service to the country.

My guess is that Pelosi is probably fine with accepting one less travel obligation in exchange for cancelling Trump's opportunity to lie to the nation about his stupid wall on TV. I know I am perfectly fine with that exchange.
I'll believe Pelosa is equal to POTUS the first time she takes Air Force 1 away from him when he wants to fly somewhere.
I'll believe Pelosa is equal to POTUS the first time she takes Air Force 1 away from him when he wants to fly somewhere.

Did someone say they were equal? Not in any sense I can think of.

The three branches of government are equal - or 'co-equal' from a Constitutional standpoint. But the President and the the Speaker of the House? Very different. Hard to compare, but the position of POTUS is at the top of the Executive Branch. The Executive Branch is not 'above' the Legislative Branch - a common misconception. From a succession standpoint, Pelosi is second in line after the VP to succeed the President.

From an intellectual standpoint, Pelosi is far beyond Donald and Pence - combined.

By the way, "Air Force One" is not a particular aircraft - another common misconception. ‘Air Force One’ can describe any Air Force aircraft carrying the President. It is sometimes used to refer to specific planes equipped to transport the Commander-in-Chief, but I believe it is only correct to refer to an aircraft that way when the CiC is aboard. (Even if Pelosi stole the plane and flew away, it would not be correct to refer to it as Air Force One at that point. But I'd pay to watch that happen...)

You're welcome.
> https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2019/01/warrenshelf.jpg

In the middle of a conversation about Trump and Pelosi you post a lie about Warren?!

Way to not even hide that you are losing the argument and want to change the subject.

SAD.
Au contraire, I hit the wrong button.