Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
this is a sticky one for me
money was set up for my parents in a trust fund
spendthrift :(

the trust fund has it's own TPID, but the tax liability flows thru to me (and my brother). the trust was established in NY. i live in CA

i'm considering a taxable money market account versus a state tax free mma. should i go with a NY or a CA tax free MMA.

that is if i live in CA, but the trust is based in NY can i take advantage of federal and state tax free interest with a CA tax free mma?

let me know if there is a more appropriate place for this post


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.