No. of Recommendations: 43
"Let me ask you a question, again based on my observation in recent years. If you, listening to this program, are a Muslim, and it turns out that a Muslim did bomb the Boston Marathon, how d you feel? I daresay that if you are a Muslim, you can be pretty certain, you can rest assured, that everybody in the media will circle the wagons and say that this is not because of Islam. This is a lone bad actor – lone wolf – but this in no way say anything about Islam, it’s just a lone nut, and they will remind us that the vast majority of people denounce this kind of violence.

So if you’re a Muslim, and it turns out to be a Muslim bomber, you will be in no way associated with it. Which is fair. However, folks, if you are a conservative, and it turns out that whoever did this is either real or has an imagined connection to conservatives, everyone in the media will unite to denounce your whole group. Crazy extremists. Everybody thought to be in that guys group will be targeted. And believe me, that’s what they are all hoping for." --Rush Limbaugh
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 45
So if you’re a Muslim, and it turns out to be a Muslim bomber, you will be in no way associated with it. Which is fair. However, folks, if you are a conservative, and it turns out that whoever did this is either real or has an imagined connection to conservatives, everyone in the media will unite to denounce your whole group. Crazy extremists. Everybody thought to be in that guys group will be targeted. And believe me, that’s what they are all hoping for." --Rush Limbaugh

Yep. I remember how conservatives were targeted back in '95, after the OKC bombing, again in '96, after the Olympic bombing in Atlanta, and more recently last summer after a right-wing terrorist slaughtered six people in Oak Cree, Wisconsin.

The backlash against innocent law-abiding conservatives was terrible, people beating them up in the streets, demanding they removed from airplanes or fired from their jobs, and just generally questioning their loyalty. Heck, if someone found out you were a conservative, they assumed you were a terrorist. I'm so glad that's over.
No. of Recommendations: 16
Yep. I remember how conservatives were targeted back in '95, after the OKC bombing, again in '96, after the Olympic bombing in Atlanta, and more recently last summer after a right-wing terrorist slaughtered six people in Oak Cree, Wisconsin.

The backlash against innocent law-abiding conservatives was terrible, people beating them up in the streets, demanding they removed from airplanes or fired from their jobs, and just generally questioning their loyalty. Heck, if someone found out you were a conservative, they assumed you were a terrorist. I'm so glad that's over.
--------------------------------------------------
Maybe you were out of the country when those things happened, maybe you didn't hear about the Tea Party or Kenneth Gladney. I guess it's possible. Maybe you didn't hear the networks suspecting the marathon bombers were probably right wingers because of tax day or patriots day. I guess it's possible. I know alot of people didn't know about Kermit Gosnell.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Maybe you were out of the country when those things happened, maybe you didn't hear about the Tea Party or Kenneth Gladney. I guess it's possible. Maybe you didn't hear the networks suspecting the marathon bombers were probably right wingers because of tax day or patriots day. I guess it's possible. I know alot of people didn't know about Kermit Gosnell.

Maybe there was not dancing in the streets of some conservative city when people died for no reason?

Maybe the liberal you are chatting with really is as brain damaged as it first appears when you read this inane garbage he posts.
No. of Recommendations: 1
... and it turns out that a Muslim did bomb the Boston Marathon, how d you feel?

There is one muslim doctor at work. Can't say he is a radical but I can say he is a mealy mouthed jacka$$. His wife, also a doctor, wears a headscarf all the time. Take it for what its worth.

Whenever some muslim terrorist activity occurs: Ft. Hood, Bengahzi, shoe bomber, and now the marathon, he disappears for a day or two. I guess he is afraid of the crap he has said in the past and that someone will come after him.

JLC
There is one muslim doctor at work. Can't say he is a radical but I can say he is a mealy mouthed jacka$$. His wife, also a doctor, wears a headscarf all the time. Take it for what its worth.

Whenever some muslim terrorist activity occurs: Ft. Hood, Bengahzi, shoe bomber, and now the marathon, he disappears for a day or two. I guess he is afraid of the crap he has said in the past and that someone will come after him.

The only good Islamo is a....
No. of Recommendations: 3
2828 says

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.
No. of Recommendations: 4
JLC says

For what it's worth, it means she's religious. You guys mostly supported a President who (if he's really religious) wears magic underpants all the time.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I said

You guys mostly supported a President who (if he's really religious) wears magic underpants all the time.

That should have been "wanted a President."

Staying in the middle, I can't help but wonder why Rush didn't say that whatever group the perpetrators might be connected to would be tarnished by this act.

Isn't it also true that if the perpetrator turned out to be connected to a Liberal philosophy that the Liberals would be unjustly tarnished?

In all fairness, he did say "Everybody thought to be in that guys group will be targeted."

But, somehow, I don't suspect that this would have been his message if the perpetrator(s) had turned out to be Liberally biased.

Bipartisan neutrality isn't what Rush Limbaugh does, and, as an extension of that fact, every word out of his mouth becomes worthless as useful insight.

k
========================================================================

Considering this is Rush. Considering how he paints anyone who doesn't think as he does with the same venomous broad strokes. Considering how he attacks groups of people, and none of them are seen as a minority of his point, then I would say - kettle - pot.

If this were otherwise, he would not brand all women who want equal rights, or affordable health care as "feminizes."

Charlie
Nations that live under Sharia law have some interesting rules to live by. If you're gay, a woman, non-Muslim, happen to utter a disparaging word against the prophet, or have the inclination to engage in a pattern of free speech, Sharia Law is really not something you want to deal with.

I do not condone the racial and religious prejudice that exists most everywhere now. It's definitely worse in many countries, like France for instance, but in America you can say what you please and pretty much only take a tongue lashing, as opposed to a real lashing in many countries. Countries like France have found out what it's like to be taken advantage of after you've been naive for so long.

On this board we're treated to many a delightful phrase. If you want to see some really colorful outbursts against conservatives, or just plain Republicans, look for posts that have a ton of recs. (some responses sound similar, because many have multiple screen names). While people like Rush Limbaugh and many others use their screed for entertainment and money-making purposes, and maybe even believe most of what they spew, the Liberals that attack them use whatever clever language they can to make sure everyone despises them as the evil trash they represent.

After 911, once the initial aspects of the horror were over, they came out of hiding again. Naturally, people that had always been leery of Islamo-terrorists got severe tongue lashings. Eventually, most liberals came to believe this was America's fault after all. (yes, we had some Evangelical types blame our culture and gays, but that's a whole nother story). If someone had come from another planet and viewed this and other boards at the time, they would have assumed most Liberals hated at least half the people in this country, and were indeed sympathetic to most anyone from any other nation, regardless of their behavior.

Indeed, this is unusual behavior. It's obvious that Republicans and Democrats have much to disagree about. But the most likely target of Liberal's rage would be the Islamic nations that live under Sharia law. Their advocacy of violence, intolerance, treatment of women, etc... But alas, you'll not read much about them, excepting when someone brings them into the conversation.

I suspect attitudes will change over time, as they have throughout the world in many Enlightened and diverse countries. At some point, opinions are all about personal experience.
2828 says

---------------------------------------------
Friday the 19th, the brainwashed lamestream media are carrying the story that according to people who knew them, neither radical Islam nor Chechen politics were important to the two brothers, who in fact came from Kirghizstan and never lived in Chechnya. One of them (the one who got killed) had a Christian wife and daughter.

But the board is alive with "news" that they are devotees of Islam.-crassfool
---------------------------------------------
Speaking of desperation. Do you want to apologize yet for being completely wrong?

Yes you wreak of it every morning, afternoon and evening. It's fine to take a shower.
Try to be more tolerant of views which differ from your own rather than spew bigotry.
No. of Recommendations: 13
For what it's worth, it means she's religious.

Like I said, take it for what it is worth.

It could just as easily mean she DOES NOT want to assimilate into American culture. Especially in the Deep South.

I find it ironic that too many immigrants want to come to America because its freedoms and opportunities and tolerance. And then after living here they want to turn America into the hell hole that they escaped. Please, just move back to your hell hole.

As far as magic underpants, unless they dress like Madonna, I don't have to see them. So it is not offensive.

JLC, who has traveled to many different cultures/countries and assimilated as best as possible while there.
JLC says

For what it's worth, it means she's religious. You guys mostly supported a President who (if he's really religious) wears magic underpants all the time.

Nothing like making fun of someone's religious habits just because he's a Republican. Not too mention, many diehard Christians that happen to be Republicans made such disparaging remarks about him as well.

God only knows what your sarcasm would get you under Sharia Law.

No idea which of the grey came up wit this recurring gem.

However, knowing these guys concentrate on a candidates underpants and not his positions would really explain their choices.

I am guessing they really are racist and went Obama because of tighty whities.
It's been my observation as well that terrorism here and abroad is by Muslims.

Insanity is doing the same thing over again expecting different results.

We can ignore the threat, or we can take action to protect ourselves.

LD
Nations that live under Sharia law have some interesting rules to live by. If you're gay, a woman, non-Muslim, happen to utter a disparaging word against the prophet, or have the inclination to engage in a pattern of free speech, Sharia Law is really not something you want to deal with.

Yes, but what's any of that got to do with Rush Limbaugh's silly quote about all conservatives being branded as extremists because of one right-wing terrorist?

After 911... most liberals came to believe this was America's fault after all.

Nonsense.
While people like Rush Limbaugh and many others use their screed for entertainment and money-making purposes, and maybe even believe most of what they spew, the Liberals that attack them use whatever clever language they can to make sure everyone despises them as the evil trash they represent.

But in response, heaven help you if you drop an F-bomb. Then they act like they've never heard such a thing *gasp!*in all their born days!

No idea which of the grey came up wit this recurring gem.

However, knowing these guys concentrate on a candidates underpants and not his positions would really explain their choices.

I am guessing they really are racist and went Obama because of tighty whities.

Certainly not I. It would be a liberal that thinks it's ok to make fun of one religion's culture, but dares not make such fun of others.
It's been my observation as well that terrorism here and abroad is by Muslims.

That's not to say acts of terrorism aren't perpetrated by other groups or individuals. They are. But the vast majority of acts of terrorism are committed by Muslims. This is a F-A-C-T...an indisputable fact.

So why do libruls keep defending radical Muslims--even by their silence. It's a mystery.
So why do libruls keep defending radical Muslims--even by their silence. It's a mystery.

It's not a mystery. It's a lie.

You can't point to a single example of liberals defending radical Islam.
It's not a mystery. It's a lie. You can't point to a single example of liberals defending radical Islam.

There is not a single thread wherein Monday's horrific act of terrorism is roundly condemned;
It's not a mystery. It's a lie. You can't point to a single example of liberals defending radical Islam.

No idea which of the purveyors of distortion you are engaging. It does not really matter either, they are essentially interchangeable, though some are ex tra Ironic and have claimed to be the true conservatives, and when I see this type of silly falsehood he does come to mind.

The narrative at the beginning making every attempt to deny this might be Islamic based and was most likely some conservative group was 100 percent a defense of Islam

It ignored the amazingly obvious in a really dumb attempt to defend the indefensible.

Of course it was really just an attack on the right by a group that is so hateful they will believe anything and Islam was only being 'used' as they use anyone they are in contact with. They did defend Islam but only as a means to attack conservatives.
There is not a single thread wherein Monday's horrific act of terrorism is roundly condemned.

B.S. There's not a single person on PA who does not condemn the Boston Marathon bombing as a heinous act of terrorism.
No idea which of the purveyors of distortion you are engaging. It does not really matter either, they are essentially interchangeable, though some are extra ironic and have claimed to be the true conservatives, and when I see this type of silly falsehood he does come to mind.

Exactly. Why even bother identifying the nonsense by screen name? Libruls are just one big amorphous blob of stupidity.
No idea which of the purveyors of distortion you are engaging. It does not really matter either, they are essentially interchangeable, though some are ex tra Ironic and have claimed to be the true conservatives, and when I see this type of silly falsehood he does come to mind.

That's a lie too. I've never claimed to be a "true conservative."

The narrative at the beginning making every attempt to deny this might be Islamic based and was most likely some conservative group was 100 percent a defense of Islam.

Another lie. No one denied that the Boston Marathon bombing might be an act of Islamist terrorism. That was most people's first thought. Many thought it might also be an act of right-wing terrorism, considering it happened in Boston on Patriot's Day (also tax day) the same day as the OKC bombing, the anniversary of Waco, and was similar to the Atlanta Olympics bombing.

It ignored the amazingly obvious in a really dumb attempt to defend the indefensible.

Lies number three and four. It was not "amazingly obvious" that the Boston bombing was carried out by two Muslims. And no one attempted to defend the attack or Islamic terrorism.
B.S. There's not a single person on PA who does not condemn the Boston Marathon bombing as a heinous act of terrorism.

Cite a single thread or post, please, wherein libruls have condemned the Boston Marathon bombing as a heinous act of terrorism.
Another lie. No one denied that the Boston Marathon bombing might be an act of Islamist terrorism. [...] Lies number three and four. It was not "amazingly obvious" that the Boston bombing was carried out by two Muslims. And no one attempted to defend the attack or Islamic terrorism.

Yet you can't post a link to a single thread or post wherein the Muslim monsters were denounced by the leftists at PA.
"On this board we're treated to many a delightful phrase. If you want to see some really colorful outbursts against conservatives, or just plain Republicans, look for posts that have a ton of recs." - HMALetter

---------------

???? This board is predominately conservative/Libertarian/Republican with a few Independents. There are few liberals on this board but at least 70% of the regular people on this board fit into the conservative category. This board leans heavily toward the conservative/Libertarian.

So I'm confused by the above statement? I would think it would be more the opposite?

Art
"JLC, who has traveled to many different cultures/countries and assimilated as best as possible while there."

I've had Chinese people tell me I'm like a Chinese. Probably because I'm such a tightwad.

Art
"I find it ironic that too many immigrants want to come to America because its freedoms and opportunities and tolerance. And then after living here they want to turn America into the hell hole that they escaped." - JLC

It is rather ironic isn't it? It's like they don't or can't see the connection between their belief system.

Art
Another lie. No one denied that the Boston Marathon bombing might be an act of Islamist terrorism. [...] Lies number three and four. It was not "amazingly obvious" that the Boston bombing was carried out by two Muslims. And no one attempted to defend the attack or Islamic terrorism.

They really can not be this unable to reason. You can not figure out how to breath and be this unable to process information.

It was blindingly obvious to anyone not a PA style liberal that the first folks to expect to be the purveyors of this were in fact Muslim extremist.
It fit their MO perfectly, it was the tools they use, everything fir the scenario. Now only an idiot would say it was obvious who did it. Since some of them believe that everyone who sees them as bought out and incapable of the least bit if honesty is an idiot, well there they go again. Lying about what was said and twisting the conversation to create a lie.

Since I am getting this second hand, I assume Felix is in the house.

BTW, I do not blame him for FAing, there are so many people claiming he is dishonest, based on having dealt with him, it has to be quite frustrating.
There is not a single thread wherein Monday's horrific act of terrorism is roundly condemned;

That's because liberals sympathize with Muslims and terrorists who hate America and capitalism and they are liberals' favorite victim religion.

They are not good people.
Yet you can't post a link to a single thread or post wherein the Muslim monsters were denounced by the leftists at PA.

What do you think they would be saying if this bomber was a Tea Party supporter? Would there be as much silence? Would felix be able to point to at least one post or thread condemning it?

Liberals are not good people. They are nasty and dishonest. Don't ever expect them to apologize for being wrong or to act honorably. It ain't gonna happen.
I was on the wrong board at the time. It most definitely is the opposite here.
"What do you think they would be saying if this bomber was a Tea Party supporter?" BenHurJudah

------------------

It is a well known fact that The Villages, Florida is a hotbed of Tea Partiers.

Tea Partiers dancing in the streets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3l9GTLTX6Y

They are a wild bunch! <grin!>

Art
It is a well known fact that The Villages, Florida is a hotbed of Tea Partiers.

Tea Partiers dancing in the streets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3l9GTLTX6Y

Art
----------------------------------
"The Villages, America's Friendliest Hometown", i think not, bunch of terrorists if you ask me.
"The Villages, America's Friendliest Hometown", i think not, bunch of terrorists if you ask me.

You say that in jest, but do you have any idea what the pressure cooker per household ratio probably is there!
""The Villages, America's Friendliest Hometown", i think not, bunch of terrorists if you ask me." - 2828

Yeah, they look like terrorists! Just look at them!

The Villages Song: 42 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8gYPEawTY

Art
""The Villages, America's Friendliest Hometown", i think not, bunch of terrorists if you ask me." - 2828

Yeah, they look like terrorists! Just look at them!

The Villages Song: 42 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8gYPEawTY

Art
---------------------------------------
I bet FeedMeNOW and felix would love to put tracking devices on all those golf carts and pat down the womens Depends undergarments. They all look very shifty to me <g>.

Loved watching that. It's for outgoing people who enjoy the social/recreational life. Can't say as I'm quite as peppy as they are and after maybe a week or two there, my head would start swimming.

Sticking to my house, back yard garden, birdies, and an occasional lunch out with friends. You'd have a hoot there.
sounds nice, I'd have to wear a nice sun hat and lots of white clothing and sandals....I'm sure there's a rainbow area for me and andrew. :) Even down there the "sisters" wear flannel shirts. ;)
2828 says

Speaking of desperation. Do you want to apologize yet for being completely wrong?

Yeah, you guys were right in the first place, when the FBI had the Saudi perp in custody.
No. of Recommendations: 4
If this were otherwise, he {Limbaugh} would not brand all women who want equal rights, or affordable health care as "feminizes."

Well guess what....

"There are 1.5 million abortions a year, and some feminists almost seem to celebrate that figure. There are not many of them, but they deserve to be called feminazis." - Limbaugh, 1992, "The way things ought to be"

"A Feminazi -- there're probably no more than 25 of them in the entire world. Well, maybe just in the United States." - Limbaugh, Dec 4 1992, radio broadcast

It was the leftist media who branded all feminists and abortion-rights activists "feminazis" so that they could condemn Limbaugh for painting with such a broad brush. Limbaugh merely let them redefine his term (which was a mistake on his part) and let a bunch more women, well in excess of his estimate, volunteer to publicly meet his criteria.
No. of Recommendations: 15
Eventually, most liberals came to believe this was America's fault after all. (yes, we had some Evangelical types blame our culture and gays, but that's a whole nother story).

When an Evangelical nutcase blames America for foreign terrorists' actions, other Evangelicals - let alone conservatives - condemn him as an idiot and call on him to show respect for the victims.

When a liberal nutcase blames America for foreign terrorists' actions, other liberals praise him and either elect him to public office, give him a tenure-track academic appointment, or give him a spot on a mainstream-media political talk show.
"I bet FeedMeNOW and felix would love to put tracking devices on all those golf carts and pat down the womens Depends undergarments. They all look very shifty to me <g>." - 2828
--------------

It's a well known fact that The Villages, Florida is a hot-bed of Teabagger activity. Some good friends of mine told me I don't want to live there because the whole place was run by Teabaggers!

The Dubbya visits The Villages 24 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_EEOHNqTRw

George W. Bush at The Villages 21 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi2NeYonHbY

Art
It's a well known fact that The Villages, Florida is a hot-bed of Teabagger activity. Some good friends of mine told me I don't want to live there because the whole place was run by Teabaggers!

Those damn people will expect you to pick up your own trash, not liter and to be respectful and over all kind of agreeable.

Hell on earth for a liberal.
"Loved watching that. It's for outgoing people who enjoy the social/recreational life. Can't say as I'm quite as peppy as they are and after maybe a week or two there, my head would start swimming.

Sticking to my house, back yard garden, birdies, and an occasional lunch out with friends. You'd have a hoot there." - buffalogal

----------------

It's been described as "Disneyland for Old People." I think I'd like it. I'm very extroverted and the idea of driving around on a fancy modified golfcart talking to people, going up to the clubhouse and swimming the pool, and sitting in the hot tub, going to barbecues, sounds pretty good to me. I mean I like music and dancing too. Especially if they'd let me fish for Bluegill in those little lakes around there. I love fishing for bluegill.

Art
"sounds nice, I'd have to wear a nice sun hat and lots of white clothing and sandals....I'm sure there's a rainbow area for me and andrew. :) Even down there the "sisters" wear flannel shirts. ;)" - Luckydog

Maybe with cut-off flannel sleeves? In the wintertime it can actually get quite chillly, like in the 50's, and even down in the 40's at night. They rarely have a frost, but sometimes they do.

What I've figured out about gays is that they are everywhere, even if you don't think they are. I'm betting there are even a few at our fundamental Christian church, just in the closet, married with children, on the down-low, etc. They may not want to be gay, but they were born that way so they probably have to fight those feelings every day the same way that straight guys have to fight lusting after beautiful young girls.

It's an individual decision. Each person has to decide for themselves how they want to live their lives, what they want to believe, etc. I don't judge anybody, at least when it comes to stuff that doesn't hurt or bother anybody else. I just don't see sex being that big of a deal. It's not like anybody is going around having sex 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. People live their lives, go to work, grocery shopping, do laundry, cook, eat, watch TV, etc. and if they make love it's not like it lasts for hours. So why should I care what they do for 20 minutes a day to make themselves feel good?

Art
"... and sitting in the hot tub..."

Oh, you mean people soup with a bacteria broth?
"... and sitting in the hot tub..."

Oh, you mean people soup with a bacteria broth?

Art, just BTW, you have to bring your own Ramen noodles<grin>
""... and sitting in the hot tub..." - Art
-------------------
"Oh, you mean people soup with a bacteria broth?" - Catherine

Yep, doesn't bother me a bit. Bunch of old wrinkly geezers sloughing off skin cells in a hot tub.

Reminds of my dad when we were camping when I was a kid one time. We were on a small peninsula at Lake Lanier up above Atlanta, Georgia and we had been fishing and we were fixing to cook dinner and my dad told me to go get some water to boil hot dogs.

Dad said something funny about fish peeing and pooping in the same water we were fixing to boil hot dogs in. He said the same water that we had been casting worms into and catching fish in we were now going to use to boil our dogs in. And after we finished we used that same lake water to wash our dishes in.

And we lived to talk about it.

Art
It's been described as "Disneyland for Old People." I think I'd like it. I'm very extroverted and the idea of driving around on a fancy modified golfcart talking to people, going up to the clubhouse and swimming the pool, and sitting in the hot tub, going to barbecues, sounds pretty good to me. I mean I like music and dancing too. Especially if they'd let me fish for Bluegill in those little lakes around there. I love fishing for bluegill.

You'd probably get your wish fishing for bluegill. You'd be there with other oldsters swapping fishing and hunting stories.

I just couldn't take that kind of crowd though I liked the dancing lessons. That is just a fraction of life there, however. There would be finding new doctors, too many golf carts, I'm afraid. DH just hates "special" drivers who always think they have the right of way no matter what. Then there are the houses - probably 3 models to choose from. And if you find one it always needs updating. Been there (just not the Villages).

A friend of my girlfriend just bought a house in Boynton Beach. I know her, but not very well. She had a boyfriend of 30 years who died a few months ago and she's bereft of a companion. Thus, maybe the house in Boynton? She'll be on the prowl. That's a town almost 100% for seniors. I'll stick to my ultra quiet neighborhood, but the festive mood at the Villages is very enticing. Also, I find I'm getting the winter blues which never happened before. Don't like the cold and dark. Speaking of cold, our old heater conked out a couple of weeks ago and we had a new energy efficient one installed. While we were at it, we also had central air installed, as well. Had to get duct work done in the attic, the air exchanger put there (hammer, hammer, drill, drill), and finally the compressor was put out back. I hope the noise doesn't scare the birds away. I hadn't thought of it until it was to late to stop the process.
the birds will adjust to the noise...otherwise there would be no birds in the city or near highways....they'll do just fine.
I'll stick to my ultra quiet neighborhood, but the festive mood at the Villages is very enticing.

Sounds like the sort of place I might like to visit once or twice a year.
"sounds nice, I'd have to wear a nice sun hat and lots of white clothing and sandals....I'm sure there's a rainbow area for me and andrew. :) Even down there the "sisters" wear flannel shirts. ;)" - Luckydog

Maybe with cut-off flannel sleeves? In the wintertime it can actually get quite chillly, like in the 50's, and even down in the 40's at night. They rarely have a frost, but sometimes they do.

What I've figured out about gays is that they are everywhere, even if you don't think they are. I'm betting there are even a few at our fundamental Christian church, just in the closet, married with children, on the down-low, etc. They may not want to be gay, but they were born that way so they probably have to fight those feelings every day the same way that straight guys have to fight lusting after beautiful young girls.

It's an individual decision. Each person has to decide for themselves how they want to live their lives, what they want to believe, etc. I don't judge anybody, at least when it comes to stuff that doesn't hurt or bother anybody else. I just don't see sex being that big of a deal. It's not like anybody is going around having sex 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. People live their lives, go to work, grocery shopping, do laundry, cook, eat, watch TV, etc. and if they make love it's not like it lasts for hours. So why should I care what they do for 20 minutes a day to make themselves feel good?

Art
>>>>>>>>>
you're so right, sex is an intimate part of a lover relationship but it's only a small part of it as far as the rest of the time you spend with your loved one. The emotional connection plus compatibility play the most important role in whether a relationship works or not. If the sex is pleasurable for both, that's a plus. :) Mutual interests also play a big part. Time apart for friends and other interests is healthy too.

I've met more straight women over the yrs who act and look more like gay women...it blows my mind. I had lunch with a doggie obedience friend yesterday for the first time, she early retired from the Post Office this yr. She chopped her hair off and she's always been an odd duck anyway...I've known her since 2001. She doesn't go out much, she has her 2 dogs and she visits her momma in the high dollar retirement home-she has Parkinson's Disease. She asked me if I ever got married and had a family and I said no, that I was engaged twice but that was all. She hasn't married either. The odd thing about her that bugs me, when you tell her something, she screws up her face with a puzzled look and says "what?, "okay"...as if she thought it was odd or puzzling and/or didn't agree with it. It makes me think she's either slow or has lead a sheltered life. Who knows? But she has always done it.

Okay, I need to finish reading the paper.......I turned on the iPad to listen to music I just read a review about. Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5..includes Fate and Moon Love. It's very thrilling, nice melody. I even did the "Jumble" puzzle quickly while listening to it so I have high hopes of todays productivity. :)

LuckyDog
The odd thing about her that bugs me, when you tell her something, she screws up her face with a puzzled look and says "what?, "okay"...as if she thought it was odd or puzzling and/or didn't agree with it. It makes me think she's either slow or has lead a sheltered life. Who knows? But she has always done it.

One woman I know is like that. Except she has a nervous laugh whenever you tell her anything. IT is just an odd affection. Took a while for me to get into my head it was not judgmental, just kind of like someone with a tic.
"Don't like the cold and dark. Speaking of cold, our old heater conked out a couple of weeks ago and we had a new energy efficient one installed. While we were at it, we also had central air installed, as well. Had to get duct work done in the attic, the air exchanger put there (hammer, hammer, drill, drill), and finally the compressor was put out back. I hope the noise doesn't scare the birds away. I hadn't thought of it until it was to late to stop the process." - Buffalogal
----------------

About how far north do you live? Are you Canadian? Michigan? Wisconsin? Just curious?

Art
Had to get duct work done in the attic, the air exchanger put there (hammer, hammer, drill, drill), and finally the compressor was put out back.

I extended the home warranty policy that came with the townhouse I live in. Sure 'nuff, in the second year, the furnace went out, but the home warranty policy wouldn't pay for the duct work because the ducts were lined with asbestos. If I paid to replace the duct work ($1,500-2,500), they'd pay for a new furnace ($500). Well, replacing the duct work would also require repainting for several thousand dollars all the rooms I had just painted when I moved in. I sat out the first winter with no furnace heat. I bought space heaters for the rooms I use most that did a fine job, even though the electric bill was high in the winter only.

Thereafter, I received a full refund of the home warranty policy premium through a class action against the home warranty company that used the bogus "asbestos excuse" to not replace furnaces without a significant expense by the policy holder.

I may not get whole house heating at all. I'm still debating it because I can't see heating up the whole house when I'm not in the whole house. I may get zone control heating. Still researching. Every heating and cooling contractor I've contacted says I must replace the asbestos-lined duct work. *sigh*
"The odd thing about her that bugs me, when you tell her something, she screws up her face with a puzzled look and says "what?, "okay"...as if she thought it was odd or puzzling and/or didn't agree with it. It makes me think she's either slow or has lead a sheltered life. Who knows? But she has always done it."
---------------------------
"One woman I know is like that. Except she has a nervous laugh whenever you tell her anything. IT is just an odd affection. Took a while for me to get into my head it was not judgmental, just kind of like someone with a tic." - lowstudent

--------------------------

Translation = "I didn't understand a word you just said."

In one ear and out the other.

Art
Every heating and cooling contractor I've contacted says I must replace the asbestos-lined duct work. *sigh*

It does seem frustrating, but isn't there some kind of state or federal law that requires replacement of asbestos lined duct work when a new heating system is installed? Our contractor gave us space heaters to use when our old forced air heater conked out for good. They came the next day to install the new one, and two weeks later, the central air system. Took them 4 days with a team of 4-5 guys working. One morning, I hadn't even had my shower, hair sticking out to the four corners of the world, still in pajamas, not finished with a cup of coffee and they ring the doorbell just before 8. Good grief. They didn't even blink an eye when I answered the door.

For your situation, If you socked the money away from the refunded premiums, maybe it's enough to cover some of the costs of replacing the ducts? Were there also punitive damages awarded? If you're anything like me, you just say bite the bullet and get it done. Also, there is no asbestos disclosure required on a sales contract if you decide to sell your home in the future. That's a huge plus. Wishing you well with whatever you decide to do.
It does seem frustrating, but isn't there some kind of state or federal law that requires replacement of asbestos lined duct work when a new heating system is installed?

Yes.

http://www2.epa.gov/asbestos/protect-your-family#whattodo