Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidsilver/2018/08/15/tesla-mo...
"...The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tested five advanced driver assistance systems and reported that the Tesla Model 3 experienced the fewest incidents of crossing over a lane line, touching a lane line, or disengaging. The 2018 Model 3 also stayed within its lane more often than the four other vehicles in the test: 2017 BMW 5 series with "Drive Assistant Plus", 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class with "Drive Pilot", 2018 Volvo S90 with "Pilot Assist", and a 2016 Tesla Model S running an older version of Autopilot.

The results appear in the IIHS special issue on autonomous vehicles.

Across a set of 36 tests run on both hills and curves, the Model 3 drove outside of its lane only once, while the E-Class drove outside of its lane 12 times, the Model S 14 times, the S90 18 times, and the 5 series 33 times...."

I've posted numerous head-to-head comparisons over the years that showed that TSLA's Autopilot beat all the top companies' best driver assist technologies despite coming to the party waaaay late, at least a decade since the incumbents had been dinking along with the technology and putting it into only their top luxury trims.

Now we finally have a 3rd party testing several of the top driver assist technologies including TSLA's Autopilot.

And the M3 crushes the competition.

No surprise.

At all.

And this is a brief interlude as TSLA continues to ramp up towards full autonomy - and as I've said the road map for TSLA is a continuous evolution via machine learning and that will get you a robust technology at the end of the road - much faster and more robust that GOOG's plan to test only in sunny dry southwestern US and in virtual simulations. HA - good luck with that.

There's just so much good stuff going on with TSLA - I pity dem shorts! I pity dem foools!

Duuude1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.