Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I just learned that it'll take two months or more to get payments from an annuity, due to the fact that I cannot request the withdrawal until I leave federal employment and then it has to meet up with the paperwork from OPM (I believe) and then it will be send to Met Life. Only after they have processed the request will I get the first payment. It is not retroactive to the retirement date. This means that I'll loose the payments for all this time.

Does someone have any experience with this? I am wondering what I can do to avoid the loss.
Any help is appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am "cruising" hunting information on Fed. retire IRA's. Going back in these messages and hit upon yours. Not sure about a monthly annunity but I do know your regular annunity you get about 70%? as interim payments. Perhaps the TSP annunity works the same way. I plan on transferring it out to an IRA and hope to make more $'s. Rather scary, tho! Trying to learn all I can as you sure don't find out much from WO personnel!! But keep asking, calling, anyone and everyone you know who has retired.
Print the post Back To Top