No. of Recommendations: 0
TTRoberts,

1) Insurance is not an "INVESTMENT" it's "RISK MANAGEMENT"..Do u agree?

Now let's break things down, u said:

Q) There is NO "Surrender Charge" if an annuity is surrendered after the surrender period. Therefore, what happens to the commission???

A) That's easy to answer they took it out already before the surrender period.

Q) The Surrender Charge is NOT commissions nor "part of the commissions".

A) Brokers/Insurance agent get's 70-80% commission, that's a big chuck of doe for that one word "COMMISSION" so,they have to include: surrender charge and back-end to make up the differences.

TTroberts stated: Since the idea of the surrender period is to encourage annuity holders to hold the annuity long enough for the company to be able to recapture some or all of the expenses of selling an annuity (which includes things like the cost of underwriting and commissions paid),

ME: A $50 Billion Dollar industry...not bad at all

TTroberts: You see, there are annuities that pay commissions yet there is no surrender charge.

ME: That's because they factor in the cost already,
To prove my point; Units I cannot "MONITOR or TRACE IT"
(I'm Locked out)!!! They use Percentage (%)..percentage of what?

I even ask the company to send me a "FORMULA" on how they do there "MATH"...still waiting it's been 4yrs now!!!

One more issue; TTroberts said:

Sorry dzgsvv021057, you might note that Kiplinger is NOT the authority to define just what "INSURANCE TERMS" are.

That's funny; BARRON'S puts out a book call:
"Dictionary of Insurance Terms" I don't think Kiplinger
pulled anything out of thin air.

Another good book to get is:

"Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms"

A is A TTroberts

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.