Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 14
Yesterday, Tucker Carlson made comments about Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar that were, well, to the point....

"The United States is the kindest and most open-minded place on the planet", began Tucker. "The United States has done more for other people and received less in return than any other nation in history, by far. Some of our deepest satisfaction as a country comes from watching penniless immigrants arrive on our shores, buy into our values and thrive. We call it the American dream and nothing makes us proud.

Omar is now at the age of only 36, one of the most powerful women in America. It’s an amazing story really. Only in this country could it have happened....Ilhan Omar has a lot to be grateful for, but she isn't grateful....not at all. After everything America has done for Omar and her family, she hates this country more than ever.

From a recent article in the Washington Post, the writer said

In Omar's version, American isn't the big-hearted country that saved her (and her family) from a brutal war and refugee camp. It wasn't a meritocracy that helped her attend college or vaulted her into Congress. Instead, it was a country that had failed to live up to its founding ideals...a place that had disappointed her and so many immigrants and refugees and minorities like her.

Tucker then went on...

"...Omar isn't disappointed by American...She's enraged by it. Virtually every statement she makes accuses American's of bigotry and racism.....Ilhan Omar is living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country. A system designed to strengthen American is instead undermining it. Some of those we've worked so hard to help have come to hate us...passionately.

And then concluded by saying...

"...No country can import large numbers of people who hate it and expect to survive. So be greatful for Ilhan Omar, as knowing as she is. She is a living fire alarm that we'd better change our immigrations system immediately or else."

And Ilhan Omar's response to this...

Not gonna lie, it’s kinda fun watching a racist fool like this weeping about my presence in Congress

My question to Ilhan Omar....how does speaking the truth make one a 'racist fool'? Here are some past quotes she's made:

When speaking about the 9/11 terror attacks, which killed approximately 3,000 American citizens, Omar described the attacks as "some people did something."

"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."

“We can’t be only upset with Trump. His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was"

"The (Covington High School) boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled 'it's not rape if you enjoy it' ..."

"They (Covington High School students) were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants"

In 2016, as DFL candidate

I remain honored to be a part of a campaign that is uniting the diverse voices of our district – long term residents, East African immigrants and students.

Looking at this another way, in looking through her past quotes, I can find nothing coming from her that praises, honors or recognizes the efforts of predominant Americans whose achievements and work have served to keep this nation free, open, progressive and democratic....and I doubt she will ever make such utterances. Why would she? Now, imagine a large contingent of such individuals serving in Congress or other key points of democratic decision making. This group will see US history as irrelevant and its key players as even more irrelevant. Were it up to her, names like Einstein, T. Roosevelt, Billy Graham, Ronald Reagan, George Patton and Thomas Edison would be forever removed from US history and expunged from all centers of learning. Such individuals...and thousands of others like them, are irrelevant and carry no meaning or value to her or those like her.

Of course, the final decision on where such individuals reside will be up to the voter. let's hope Tucker is right and Omar really is seen as the alarm bell she really is.

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 9
I think somewhere in his monologue Carlson also said, "A country governed by persons who hate it is doomed to fail".

Omar, Pelosi, Schumer, et al, do you hear that?

RayB
Print the post Back To Top