No. of Recommendations: 1
Tulsi, and perhaps Yang, are the only Democrat presidential candidates that do not scare the heck out of me

The 'Freedom Dividend' disqualified Yang from membership in any group that can read or write. We've all seen circuitous ways of buying votes. His is brazen.

From Andrew's web site....

Andrew would implement the Freedom Dividend, a universal basic income of $1,000/month, $12,000 a year, for every American adult over the age of 18. This is independent of one’s work status or any other factor.

So let's see....according to the census bureau, there are about 253,768,092 individuals age 18 and older through the end of 2018. At $12K each/yr, that would be $3,045,217,104,000, or just over $3T per year, or about 92% of the tax revenue of $3.33T raised in 2018. And presumably this influx of cash will increase the GDP proportionally? Yes, but then its also going to create corresponding inflation that in a few years, that $12K will be needed to support households at the same level they are today. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense there Andrew. I mean, who in their right mind would actually put something like that in print?? And he supposedly ran a successful business? Must have been underwritten by George Soros.

However, I do agree, there was at the beginning some real centrist Democrats who, if properly financed and supported by the main stream media, could have give Trump a run for his money. These were names like Hickenlooper, Delaney, Schultz and Ryan. But they're all gone now. Just not Woke enough I guess, and certainly not the darlings of the media.

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.