Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Turbo Tax is pretty good, but not great for S Corps.

I would agree with the suggestion to consider regularly using an accountant. A good accountant will challenge you (them) about their business. Just like Peter I am biased. It would be better to spend the money and develop the relationship now, than to be caught playing catch up when the business catches fire.

Based on you small exposition I thought of the following questions:

Are you considering the impact of self-employment tax?

What states are you doing business in?

Are you required to pay sales tax in any of them? What would trigger this reponsiblity?

Are you required to pay income tax in any of them? What would trigger this reponsiblity?

Are you required to register to do business in any of these states? What would trigger this responsiblity?

Based on the facts you gave, these questions may not be of concern right now. From my experience, there may be other facts that would drive this decision.

Best of Luck

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.