Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
We have paid for tax filing for the last 20 years because we own rentals. With the depreciation, etc., we have felt the need for an expert. Do we need to continue this or can we do our own taxes with the help of Turbotax? It usually costs us $400 to $500 a year to do the job. My husband makes detailed sheets for each part of our costs and expenses so he is very savy about the details and ready with them on hand written spreadsheets... old school...

Thanks, Anne
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.