Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Now that I've gotten the "scientific" method of Tweeners out of my head, how about more of an "artistic" view?

What I'm talking about are turning points.

Looking back historically at current Rule Makers, were there any defining moments that set them apart from its competitiors, which then catapulted the RM (then a Tweener) toward the throne? Nothing you could find on the balance sheet (although that may be the result), but more in the terms of winning a lawsuit, some sort of knockdown of one or all of its competitors, etc.

I'm not really sure what else, since I'm not too familiar with many of the current RM's histories. Perhaps some of you may know.

Conversely, were there any turning points for any late-stage Tweeners that negatively effected them? They were almost at the throne, but something happened that caused them to fall short. Again, nothing you could find on the balance sheet, but more in the terms of something happening in the industry or even the competitors themselves.

Feel free to speak your Foolish Mind.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.