Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/07/1158201/-Catholic-C...

Oh, what a sad day to be a member of the world's biggest and most powerful pedophile protection racket, aka, the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.

The Vatican sent a letter to the president, congratulating him on his re-election, and tossing in this lovely jab:
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
And yet one of the little peculiarities I noted last night was that Obama took the "Catholic" vote - the figures I saw were something like Obama 52% to Romney's 48%. Not sure how much that's changed (or even how they figure these things out) but it surprised me a bit until I decided that is simply a matter of the Catholic hierarchy being as out of touch with a majority of its flock as the Republicans are out of touch with a majority of this country's female voters. And good for 52% of those catholic voters for using their brains instead of blindly following the dictates of their "spiritual" leaders.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Wow... the Dolan letter linked in that blog post was even more of a total coffee spitter.

http://www.usccb.org/news/2012/12-183.cfm

We pray, too, that you will help restore a sense of civility to the public order, so our public conversations may be imbued with respect and charity toward everyone.

Right, because all of the incivility is totally Obama's to fix. "You LIE!" much, Cardinal Dolan? Holy crap, what a bassackwards statement that was. How about you rein in your slobbering attack dogs in the House if you want 'respect in our public conversations'. Amazing.

In particular, we pray that you will exercise your office to pursue the common good, especially in care of the most vulnerable among us, including the unborn, the poor, and the immigrant.

The common good like the Republican agenda the last two years, which consisted of a single item (Remove Obama From Office)? That common good? And should we care for the most vulnerable poor by taking away their healthcare and taxing the ever-living crap out of them? Because that's what the guys YOU TOLD AMERICA TO VOTE FOR would do.

How about this, Cardinal: Start living the words you profess, start paying your taxes, and stop being such a Goddamned hypocrite.

-n8