No. of Recommendations: 0
Twilio is Saul's no. 1 holding.

This is my second play on Twilio with Calls in the past 3 to 4 weeks?

I purchased the Aug 16 2019 140 calls last Friday. Already carrying a decent double-digit gain on them. I am looking for another 100% to 200% cashout on these reminescent of the winning trades I posted on some SaaS stocks a few weeks ago.

Set my stop/loss, as usual for a 50% loss on these.

Daily chart:

http://schrts.co/diSpJwKx

And here is my 30-minute chart, meaning every stick is a 30-minute interval. It shows the clear uptrend channel I trade. I bought inside that second stick last Friday. And for that I used LIVE 1 minute and 5-minute charts, using first a 3 x 8 ema bullish crossover for the first purchase, followed by a 10 ema x 20 ema bullish crossover for the second purchase, after monitoring how the 30 minute and daily charts.

http://schrts.co/NRAvgMqB

I use thinkorswim platform for LIVE trading and that's where I keep my one and five-minute charts.

Note: Twilio pre-market is down a buck on very light volume. I will double up on this bet with more calls if I see higher volume to an upside move. I do not double down. If I'm at - 50% loss on either puts or call bets, I cut bait and go fishing again elsewhere.

I recently cut loose MDB at -50% loss on a bet with calls. It plummeted further after my stop/loss fired off. Now it's setting up again for a possible play.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.