Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Here are two simple questions for the wonderful people who help beginners like me.

1. My wife is taking some college courses to improve her education/employability. She is not working ( I mean not employed, she probably works more than me taking care of two kids and the home). Can I claim her tution and books, etc. expeneses as deductions ?

2. I had a car accident, my car was not covered and it suffered substantial damages. There was no third party damage and the accident was reported to the police.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.