Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone been following this ETF? It's intended to track with the price of gasoline in the United States. I'm seeing gas prices I haven't seen in years, so it's hard to imagine prices will be going too much lower. And of course if they do, the price I pay at the pump will hedge the price I pay for this stock.

Also, historically gas prices go up in the summer. This stock seems like a no brainer to me, which always makes me a little nervous.

Unfortunately it has no options volume. I'd be tempted to buy some calls for July of next year.

Anyone have any input about this fund positive or negative?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't have an opinion, but I took a look at the chart. It appears that if anyone had bought the gasoline contracts on Feb 1 and sold them on Jul 1, they would have made money in 2006, 2007, and 2008. If the pattern holds and UGA tracks the contracts as expected, I would be a buyer on Feb 1, 2009.

The chart:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GASO&p=W&b=5&g...

Good trading,
Mike
This turned out to be an excellent trade as UGA appreciated about 50% from Feb 1 to Jul 1.
Ah, this is a nice blast from the past. Sadly, I didn't make the trade, maybe next year!