Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Bill, you will be missed. That is no insult to Tim and Nate, who I'm sure are capable. But I joined this service for your insights and will have to consider where the newsletter goes from here. Regardless, thanks for your time and commitment to Global Gains.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Very kind of you. It was a very, very difficult decision. I do hope that you'll join me in welcoming Tim and Nate, both of whose insights I deeply admire!

Fooliah best-
Bill Mann
Bill, I do have one question about the asset management biz that is not clear from anything I've read. Is it set up so that I give the MF money and you invest it or is it more like MDP, where I control the funds but with detailed guidance on buys and sells? Or is that a question MF isn't prepared to answer yet?

Thanks.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Bill,

All the best to you in all your endeavors. I have written this many times at several boards that I did not expect a supremely gifted person like you to last at these newsletters for long. Although I am sad, I would like to celebrate my good fortune of learning from you for this long. This interaction has permanently changed the way I think about certain things.

Well, nothing can last forever. I hope the change does not change the magical intutition these newsletters have displayed over all these years. Deep, thorough or good analysis alone are not neccessary for success. But I would like to test it for a few years before buying into any new recommendations from HG and GG. I don't buy Tom's side of the scorecard in SA anylonger. For the next few years, I intend to keep all my susbcriptions alive to track and add to my existing protfolio only. When I start feeling comfortable again, I will start buying the new recommendations.

Good luck to you and Goodbye,

Anurag
Or is that a question MF isn't prepared to answer yet?

kidchicago,

Motley Fool Asset Management is separate from the Motley Fool's website and newsletter business; for regulatory reasons I really can't say anything about asset management or any of its products.

The editorial and website business of The Motley Fool will continue.

There will be further information about Motley Fool Asset Management available in the future.

For further information, visit fool.com to see the announcement about Motley Fool Asset Management: http://www.fool.com/shop/newsletters/0/866c99f3-1770-42f3-b2...

Thanks,
Richard
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Richard, I'll keep my eye on my inbox for an announcement with more details.
Bill, I want to second kidChicago feelings. I too joined because of you. I have a great respect for your knowledge and understanding of the businesses and confidence in your picks. I am very sorry you are leaving.

Bill (who is not sure where to go from here)
(who is not sure where to go from here)

I've worked closely with Bill for a number of years now and learned enormous amounts from him, and I, too, am sad to see him go. For regulatory reasons, MFAM is a separate entity and I'm no longer able to talk shop with Bill. That's my least favorite aspect of all of this.

As for what to do from here, I'm hopeful that we can continue to deliever in Global Gains Bill's original promise of vetted, overlook, undervalued, and great international stock ideas. We also hope to continue to travel, deliver opinionated and well-researched commentary and dispatches, and have some fun along the way.

I know in this industry it takes some time -- rightfully -- for "advisors" to earn your trust. And as we've seen with the Madoff scandal, you find out fast that you can't even trust people in this space that you thought you could (especially when they obfuscate performance). That said, I hope you'll give us some time to earn your trust. From talking with Bill before it was announced he was leaving (I emphasize that for the benefit of the SEC :-) ), I know he thinks now is a fabulous time to be an investor in foreign equities and especially in the stocks on our scorecard.

Happy holidays,
Tim
Tim and Nate,

I just wanted to say congratulations to both of you.

Like others, I came to GG mostly because of Bill, but having seen you both in action over these last many months, I'm confident that you will continue to deliver for GG subscribers.

Because everyone (certainly including me) is less than thrilled to see Bill leave TMF for MFAM, the focus of most posts is on his departure, but you both have earned your new positions and I'm glad for you.

Best,

Huk
No. of Recommendations: 0
tim said: For regulatory reasons, MFAM is a separate entity and I'm no longer able to talk shop with Bill.

Why are they spinning MFAM out as a sep. entity rather than just as another product w/in TMF?

best,
dan
Bill (who is not sure where to go from here)

I would say "give it a chance"

The basics of what they do is "in the math"

The difference in what they do is "in the air"

There are many "stock analysis services"

There are not many "stock analysis services" that try to fly out and visit the company and management before making a formal rec.

If they do the math right and then follow up with the interviews of the management and see the facilities ..... that's the service

I will be watch'n right along with you. And I will be very vocal on things I am not satisfied with .......

Bears