Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Umm, my point is that the decision had not been made yet and our great leader told POTUS it was a "no brainer". At that moment I almost sold my TRP shares.

I actually thought you would have figured that out for yourself.

It *was* a no-brainer and that's exactly what Canadian politicians and diplomats should have been telling their counterparts in the US. The political disaster that has occurred for nearly all pipelines in North America in the past 10 years is plain old silliness of the wing-nut environmental fringe supported by the air-head celebrities that haven't the brain-power to work through an issue. We should continue to advocate for Keystone, although I doubt any progress will be made until the next administration takes over in 2017.

But none of that has anything to do with the former PM. No PM in Canada would have been able to overcome that irrational opposition in the US.

SJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.