Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Umm...what's a Palm Cluster and where can I find one?

Bogey

'Tis but an ephemeral, a wraith conjured up in a vain attempt to hold back mortality; it is a token of self-perceived but not merited approval that, taken in context with $3.50, will get you a latte. (That's a generic you, Bogey, since The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster is mine, mine, mine).

The Palm Cluster (note the singular – it is only used in the plural in the Award above it and given to someone who is lesser inane) does actually exist and can be found on the uniforms of several South American military men. Of course, in those countries the junta overthrowing the previous junta burns that previous junta's Palm Cluster medallions and replaces them with the new junta's Palm Cluster medallions. I bring this up only because if I am the winner of The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster the only way it leaves me is wrestling it from my cold, dead hands. To paraphrase Lady Thatcher: “This Palm Cluster is not for the turning.”

I have no idea what that last sentence means but I have been told by the Team Leader, Raggmopp, that unless I start adding some content to my posts I am going down in flames even for the relaxed rules of The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster: living in White Rock, being 64 or older, and owning a boat.

How can you get a Palm Cluster? Well, TMF could invade South America. Other than that you could draw one on a sheet of paper using your kid's crayons: it's not necessarily the execution but the intent.

Oh, and can I borrow $3.50 from you for a latte?

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.