No. of Recommendations: 2
Uncle Jeffy and nearby Fools:

Are any of you near a Gap Outlet? Currently, regular-sized backpacks and messenger bags are $5.99 plus tax.

Now, i happen to work PT at one here in the Seattle area. I bought one of each the other night - with my employee discount and 8.8% sales tax (yes, i KNOW) the bags are about $4.50 each.

(I already e-mailed this info to Jeff but i have another thought.)

I can buy gift cards with my discount, too. So, if the WV Fools are near an outlet, i will send you some Gap cards to buy the backpacks there. That would save both postage and the exorbitant sales tax cost.

I haven't checked Old Navy (but i will tomorrow night when i go to work) but they might be even cheaper. I also get a discount there, though it's a bit smaller and more limited - but the gift card idea could still apply.

Many outlet malls have coupon books - Gap's standard offering is 15% off a $75 purchase. If you can wait until December 4-7, i can include a Friends & Family discount card, which'll getcha 30% off. Something like that could stretch the purchase even further.

Feel free to e-mail me about this, anyone.

If this isn't feasible, i'm on board to purchase Washington's 10 backpacks m'self.

snippee
waiting for Foolish Elves to get 503(c) designation - tax exempt!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.