No. of Recommendations: 0
MF often mentions the idea that it is important to understand who backs and/or has shares in companies before investing in them.

I have a Fidelity brokerage account and when I went to look up information on who owns shares in the companies I owned, I could not understand the information. To me it would be helpful to know how much of company is owned by retail investors, how much is owned by companies that are investing their own money etc. I would also like to look back at these numbers to see how things have changed over the past 3/4 months. None of this info was apparent when looking at the Fidelity info. When I spoke with the Fidelity rep, he was not sure himself how to interpret the terms they use (e.g. what is an institutional investor, what bucket did the retail investor fall under).

Anybody know how to find/interpret information on ownership.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.