Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Early this year I made my contribution for year 2000 to my Roth IRA for myself and my wife ($2000 each). Now, due to an unexpected bonus from work, my AGI will exceed $160,000 which means I am not eligible for a Roth IRA in 2000. How do I undo my contributions as well as the net loss/gain on the stocks that the $$ were invested in? Do I have to convert this to a regular IRA or can I just pull the money back out? Note: the 2000 contributions were put into an existing account that already contains 1998 and 1999 contributions so I can't convert the entire account...these earlier contributions need to stay as a Roth IRA.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.