Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I've been unemployed for almost 6 mos this round. It's the 2nd time in 4 yrs. To say I'm scared doesn't even come close to what I'm going through. The debts are high and the savings gone and still no job insight... now what?

I have a 401K plan that is worth about $10-15K and I have a credit card that has a limit of $15K I can get cash from. There is nothing on the CC right now. Which do I use as I need monies?

Please no lectures. I look for a job everyday! I logged over 200 hours on my internet account last month (yes I pay one fee for unlimited use). I do my own nails, don't go out to eat. Eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, reduced my cable to the min... I'm willing to take a cut in pay and am looking for a job outside my field. I've even tried getting Part time work; I'm hoping this catering company will hire me P/T during the holidays for extra cash. I'm an exec who usually makes a good living and I'm so desperate I'm trying to get hired P/T for min wage..... fancy that.

If I access monies from the CC I will pay about 6% interest and more debt. If I use the 401K, the monies will not be there in the future but I won't incur more debt.

Which do I use?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.