Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
a number of the screen rankings for Feb. 4 show the following symbol:

TEKB.TO

This format/call-out is unfamiliar . . . can someone clue me in as to what the stock symbol in this form means? Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
.TO indicates the Toronto Exhange.
flattrack4 wrote:

TEKB.TO

This format/call-out is unfamiliar . . . can someone clue me in as to what the stock symbol in this form means? Thanks.

Pynberg wrote:
By my count TEKB.TO appears in 27 screens in the 04FEB05 listings. According to Yahoo, TEKB.TO's ticker has changed to TEK-SVB.TO. My system can deal with the listing using a different ticker than Yahoo, so that's not a problem. The problem is that when you go to the Historical Prices page for TEK-SVB.TO, there's no data.

The .TO refers to stocks trading on the Toronto (TSX) exchange.
TEKB.TO is Teck Cominco Ltd.

The "B" refers to the main issue of subordinate voting (SV) Class B shares (hence Yahoo's TEK-SVB designation). The complete listing on the TSX exhange is TEK.SV.B

The main Class A shares (TEK.MV.A) are thinly traded.

Phil

TEKB.TO

The .TO usually means the Toronto exchange.
TEKB.TO is Teck Cominco Ltd.

The "B" refers to the main issue of subordinate voting (SV) Class B shares (hence Yahoo's TEK-SVB designation). The complete listing on the TSX exhange is TEK.SV.B

The main Class A shares (TEK.MV.A) are thinly traded.

They are Pink Sheet listings: http://finance.yahoo.com/l?s=Teck+Cominco+Ltd&t=S&m=US

Tails