No. of Recommendations: 113
Hello,

My name is Christopher Grider, and my father, gridert, or T. Allen Grider passed away very suddenly this past Sunday, the 6th. I'm only able to get on his account thanks to the fact that we were able to locate his computer password and he is still thankfully logged in to the fool.

I know this is far from the appropriate forum and place to put it, but he was on these boards a lot and often talked about things he had read on here.

If any of you felt close to my dad and have any additional questions or comments, please e-mail me at Dekar7000@yahoo.com. I honestly do not know enough about you guys and if any of you had feelings for my father, or at least respect for him. Also, if the Board Administrators can do anything to help 'get the word out', I would apprecite that deeply.

I'm trying to think if I have covered everything. I believe I have. I'm sorry to let you guys know this way, but it's the best I can come up with at this time.

If an admin or something is able to post notices or if you email me, I'd be glad to give you any information on donations in his name or anything like that.

Thanks,
Christopher A. Grider
Proud Son of a Proud Fool
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 14
Christopher -

Please accept our deepest sympathy on your loss. It only takes a quick look at your father's post history to see that he was a helpful, polite, and knowledgeable member of the board - and if that's not worthy of respect and admiration on the Internet, I don't know what is.

Wishing you and your family comfort,
Aaron
(GameMaker)
No. of Recommendations: 4
Christopher,

He will certainly be missed here as many of us know by our cyber hat tips to peers & friends:
"gridert is already one of your Favorite Fools" (our)

With deepest sympathy to you & yours,
B
No. of Recommendations: 27
Thank you very much to both of you for replying and Donna for sending me an email.

It's still just so hard to believe he's gone. Everything is exactly where he left it. It's like he just went on a random, sudden vacation and he's going to walk back in the door, but we know he won't.

I know he didn't post all the time on here, but I just wanted to inform. And I hope you guys will keep solving lots of computer issues because he always enjoyed doing it, whether it was here, with me or my family, or anyone who needed help with a computer.

And, I guess the last thing I'll post here on his behalf is that I really just hope all of you will think a little more about your health after this, and if you dad is still with us, give him a huge hug, because I can honestly say that you really never know when it might be the end.

-Christopher A. Grider
No. of Recommendations: 4
I know this is far from the appropriate forum and place to put it,

no - this is exactly the right place.
Thank you.

peace & those who would want to know
t
No. of Recommendations: 2
My condolences to you, Christopher. I never had children, but if I had, I wish that I had a good son like you.

I'm going out to exercise right now. Your post here gives me that extra "umphf" today and I'll dedicate this workout to you and your dad's memory.

Rock in the Florida Keys
No. of Recommendations: 5
Chris,

I don't know you however I "knew" your dad here in cyberspace and like so many on this board considered him a friend.

Your loss is our loss and we send you comfort and peace...one never gets over the death of a parent, he will be with you always in that special place in your heart. We share your sadness and grieve with you...

Our condolences to you and your family.

tuni (a friend of T. Allen Grider)
No. of Recommendations: 2
So sad to hear about your loss. Very difficult, losing a loved one and parent. Hang in there!

Where are you thinking about, regarding donations in your Father's name? The Motley Fool is a for-profit company, in case you weren't aware, but "Foolanthropy" is the official Fool charity pathway:
http://www.fool.com/foolanthropy/index.aspx?source=ifltnvsnv...

I'm sure they'll accept donations in your dear Father's name, if that's what you had in mind.

Bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Paul T.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Christopher:

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Dear Christopher,

You and your family have my deepest sympathy. Your Dad was quite knowledgeable especially regarding computers. He was always very helpful on this board and always tried to help others whenever and however he could. I will miss him, and you and your family will be in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Rich in Arizona
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't hang out on this board as much as others so only found your post today from a link at another board.

He did seem like a nice guy.

RM