Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Unfortunately I can only offer a small measure of help based on the information supplied. For starters, I don't believe Texas has a state income tax. As for federal we'll need some additional detail to properly answer your questions. What type of form statement will you receive? Sounds as though you may be receiving a 1099 as opposed to a W-2. Taxable earnings and unemployment received don't "balance out", they are added together, and increase taxable income. I have no idea about the prospects of your receiving a refund without knowing filing status, exemption amounts, withholdings, etc.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.