Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on your perspective), there is no such thing as a JRA (Joint Retirement Account). IRA's can only be in one person's name.

So yes, as long as your joint income is under $156k you can contribute up to $4000/person to IRAs. I would recommend that you begin contributing to Roth IRAs for both you and your wife. I'm not sure if the eligibility requirements are currently indexed to inflation, but they should be, so hopefully you'll have several years to contribute to those Roths (or at least until your wife starts working again).
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.