Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Uninsured Motorists usually has a deductible on its Property Damage component. This is considered a liability coverage.

Actually, though it's generally sold only in conjunction with Liability coverage and pays what an uninsured negligent 3rd party would be legally liabile to pay an insured for accident damage to their insured auto, UMPD is more of a Physical Damager coverage that's often bought in lieu of Collision coverge. It's not a Liability coverage because it defends neither the insured nor the negligent 3rd party and insurers retain subjogation rights against the negligent unsinsured motorist for amounts paid under this coverage.
Print the post  


Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.