No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm still holding 4 or 5 issues that I picked up in the "good old days".

One is Union Pacific 7.15% due 5/2028, Cusip 907834AG0, SP rating BBB, present price that shows up in my account is 122.205.

So anyways, I got this gobbledy-gook message in my account:

Union Pacific 7.150 % 05/28
Cusip: 907834ag0
Early cutoff 08/26/19 late 09/10/19
If wish to participate contact E*TRADE @ 1-800-387-2331
In Exchange For Each $1,000 P.A Of Old Notes
Holders Will Receive The Total Exchange Consideration
Which Consists Of $1,000 P.A.Of Oxy Notes And A Cash
Amount Of $1.00. The Total Consideration Includes The Early
Participation Premium, Which Consists Of $30 P.A Of
Oxy Notes. Holders Who Tender For The Late Will Not Receive The
$30.00 P/A Notes But Will Receive The $1.00 Cash Amount.
Notes May Be Tendered In Minimum Denominations Of $2,000
Multiples Of $1,000 In Excess Thereof

I'll call etrade tomorrow and ask them to explain it to me like I'm a 5th grader. I have figured out that "Oxy" is Occidental Petroleum. I'm not sure what "P.A." is yet.
I did a quick google search for "union pacific bonds tender offer" and found this link:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/occidental-petroleum-corporat...

And from that article, I found this wording..."(collectively, the “Old Notes”) issued by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (“Anadarko”), Anadarko Holding Company, as successor in interest to Union Pacific Resources Group Inc.

All this is above my understanding. I'm trusting Etrade can help explain it, and I'll try FINRA also. Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.