Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
unless anybody can tell me whether there is any reliable software out there for free

IRS has a link for qualifying individuals for free filing. State tax returns are not free however.

If your income is low enough, you'll qualify for free filing. If not, you can afford to pay for a program. You may want to have a professional check over your paper return. Especially this year when it might be very easy to overlook a telephone credit because it wasn't printed on the form. Congress didn't pass a few changes until after the forms went to press. Instructions are on the internet, not in the printed copy.

Check out this site.,,id=118986,00.html

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.