Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Unless the tires have been stored for a LONG time and in some strange pile arrangement, there really shouldn't be.

It used to be that if you parked your car for a long time (multiple weeks) and started to drive it, the tires may have a "flat spot" for the first few miles. But that's about the only thing I can think of.

Since they are new tires and probably they were just stacked up at the tire dealer on their sides in a tall stack, I can't think of how they would be more bumpy.

The last thing I can think of is if you switched to a different type of tire. (Went from "all season" to "all terrain", such as in SUV tires.) Going to a different type may make for a stiffer feel.

What kind/brand/make of tire did you get and what kind of vehicle do you have?

Duck
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.