Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Anticipating a sharp reduction in fy 2000 income for my widowed mother, we consulted her investment firm for a plan to provide an improved income stream from her stock portfolio. She followed a recommendation to switch to a promising mutual fund. Unfortunately, the transaction took place in year 1999, creating a 60K
capital gain in the year which she could least afford it. Are there any options for deferring or spreading this unplanned windfall into future year(s)

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.