No. of Recommendations: 5
Hi future ex-Global Gains members,

I asked customer support about cancelling MDP subscription without losing GG subscription. My email was:

My subscription to Global Gains would have expired on 2013/01/06. I see that the subscription to MDP (that I received as all GG members) would expire on 2013/04/06. I'd like to unsubscribe from MDP, but I don't want to lose what will remain of GG up to July 1. Can I unsubscribe from MDP immediately without losing GG? or I must wait till July 1 to unsubscribe from MDP?

The answer is:

Thanks for contacting The Motley Fool. Your Global Gains subscription was set to run through 1/6/2013. Since the GG is transitioning into the MDP you receive free access to the MDP through 1/6/2013 plus we add another 3 months to your MDP for free making your new MDP subscription end date 4/6/2013.

If you cancel your MDP subscription then yo will lose access to your Global Gains as well.

We have disabled the auto-renewal feature, and your Million Dollar Portfolio subscription will expire at the end of your current subscription on 4/6/2013.

We hope this is helpful. Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Consequently, I'll wait after GG's final shutdown to unsubscribe from MDP, and meanwhile ignore their emails. (If they're too frequent, I'll set a rule to redirect them :-).

Saarkhx
long GG, but position expiring soon :-(((
long MDP from a spinoff, but I'll close the position
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Saarkhx,
If it's already paid for, why unsubscribe to MDP? Do you get a refund of some of your subscription?

Howard
No. of Recommendations: 0
Saarkhx,
If it's already paid for, why unsubscribe to MDP? Do you get a refund of some of your subscription?
Howard

Howard,

My understanding is that I shall get a refund proportional to the time remaining to the original term of my GG membership (not the extended term of MDP). Since my GG membership would have expired (or rather, I would have extended it) on 2013/01/06, on July 1st 2012 it will remain a bit more than half of the term, therefore I should receive a bit more than half of what I paid last time (which was $299 if I remember well).

Saarkhx
No. of Recommendations: 1
Saarkhx,

I canceled my MDP/GG membership last week and was given continued access to GG (but obviously not MDP) for another couple of weeks as part of the phase-out process. Maybe I'm a special case ;-) but I'm guessing that you should be able to get something comparable if you just ask.

as always, i am full of carp
No. of Recommendations: 4
I canceled my MDP/GG membership last week and was given continued access to GG (but obviously not MDP) for another couple of weeks as part of the phase-out process. Maybe I'm a special case ;-) but I'm guessing that you should be able to get something comparable if you just ask.

Thanks fullofcarp, but I don't want to take the risk. Besides, I want access to the end: it's the first time I see a newsletter die on my hands, and I want to stay to the end.

Surprisingly, I feel a bit of sadness about all this. I guess I'm still unable to remove emotion from investing :-)

Saarkhx
No. of Recommendations: 2
...I feel a bit of sadness about all this...

Saarkhx, ditto here, I feel so sad I have no word for it.

:'-&