Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Until his recent reply and the questions it raised, it never occurred to me that
someone in the Gardner's position could use The-Motley-Fool's own business
experience to evaluate the quality and potential of this investment. Assuming he
has not deluded himself, the fact that he says "this business is good enough to
own in a MODEL portfolio" (a place that has bigger consequences than the
mere $2000 invested in the actual stock), I feel sufficiently calm about letting my
own investment ride.

trusting blindly is not a Foolish approach. It is a bit like saying Dave Thomas or Ray Kroc said to eat burgers and they should know about burgers so I'm gonna do it.

Heck, it is possible that this selection was to create cotroversy/net traffic and raise the value of the Fool to advertisers.

I really trust the Gardners and do not suspect anything like this to be the case, but lets not Wisely follow Tom's picks.

Tom, do you have a response as to why Yahoo will continue on as a powerhouse like compuserve and Prodigy. Or will it become a has been like AOL.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.