No. of Recommendations: 2
To DrBob2 , Bill2m , or Jamie Gritton, or anyone else with insight,
I am thinking of using the “Up_5%” screen and have been reviewing the backtest data on the Jamie Gritton’s Backtest URL https://backtest.org/ .
When I run the backtest, the stocks his backtest site picked on the first week of each month do not seem to match the same stocks you report in your weekly published stocks for the same screen.
For example, in recent months, on Bill2m's weekly published picks for this screen,
On Nov 4, SI Rankings published Stocks IEG, PZN, FCBC, TREE, and OPBK.
Where Jamie's back test reports using on Nov 5 stocks DAVA, SNBR, FIX, FRGI and PMM for its first five picks.
For December, SI Rankings published GTN, FN, MTLS, STRL, FBR on Dec 1 , whereas Jamies backtest used GTN, FOXF, FN, CASY, and AMEH for its first five stocks in the backtest.

I was wondering what the explanation might be for the different stocks selected using the same Screening criteria. Are Jamies backtest done on different database?

Thanks for any insight that can be provided.

Lester
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.