No. of Recommendations: 1
Mom fell from her bed and hit her head. 2 days later she was unresponsive so we took her to the hospital. 4 days later we had to rush her back to the hospital to have emergency surgery on her brain to remove blood from her brain.

As it stands right now she can eat or drink anything. They are forcing a tube down her nose for food. She can talk alitle but mumbing. She had a seasior while I was in ICU.

She now can go #2 which she had not after 7 days.

IF things are better tommorow they MAY move her to the NO EAT AND DRINK Floor of the hospital.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
{{{401kinvestor & parents}}}

I hope there's good news soon. It can be very scary during this period of time.

Nancy
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm very sorry to hear this, 401kinvestor. You must be very worried indeed. In addition to taking care of things for your parents, make sure you also take care of yourself. Remember to take any medications that you usually take, and try to eat, stay hydrated, and get some sleep.

Most of all, remember to breathe. Slowly in, slowly out. It can really help a lot in times of very high stress.

ThyPeace, hopes for the best possible outcome.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Mom just got moved out of icu to the progressive care floor . They still need to do an assessment on if she can eat or drink.

I'm not ok. I been very stressed. 2 nights ago dad said hes having pain in his chest I gave him some asprin I asked if he wanted to go to the emergency room he said no I told him let me know if you want to go.

I see my pys. doctor on Thursday. I'm afraid he needs to put me back in the psy ward and put me back in the metal room and throw away the key.

A month ago I paniced when Safeway said they refuse to refill my risperdal because the computer was down. I had to have my dad get the meds for me.
No. of Recommendations: 6
If you need to be in the psych ward, that's okay too. It's no shame to have to work on dealing with a mental illness. It's hard and takes a huge amount of energy -- particularly when your own brain is giving you signals you can't be sure are accurate.

Stress is really really hard when you already have a major thing to deal with. Remember. Breathe. Keep trying.

ThyPeace, has a few mentally ill family members. One of them said to me once, "One good thing about being crazy is that I know when other people are faking it." We had a good laugh over the stuff he'd seen in the psych ward -- from the ones who were faking it.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I'm not ok. I been very stressed. 2 nights ago dad said hes having pain in his chest I gave him some asprin I asked if he wanted to go to the emergency room he said no I told him let me know if you want to go.

Your father needs to call his doctor. Don't accept no for an answer.

Unfortunately, you can't rely on your father making the decision if he is having a heart attack. If there are any other symptoms such as nausea, sweating, weakness, etc..., call 911 with or without his permission. You don't need his permission to call 911.

Heart attack symptoms in men:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/cardiova...
No. of Recommendations: 0
I told dad this morning you ARE checking in to the emergency room . Doctors found nothing. Gave Rx for pain.

Mom update...Tonight taking out capiter out. Still having problems moving left side. She paralyized. I took off this afternoon I sat in her hospital room listening in on what the doctors say.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Tonight taking out capiter out.

Do you mean catheter?

Ishtar
No. of Recommendations: 1
I told dad this morning you ARE checking in to the emergency room . Doctors found nothing. Gave Rx for pain.

All three are good. Congratulations for making him be seen. You both don't need the added stress of not knowing if he is having a heart attack.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Tonight at 6:30 pm they checked her out of the hospital into a rehab center across the street. If she gets stronger she might be able to move to a different facility in Sun City run by Banner Health.