No. of Recommendations: 5
Ok, here it is.. I'm sure it's not much improved, if at all, from the last time:

Target Visa: 1043.43/1200
Chase: 1377.25/1500
Citibank: 976.42/1100
US Bank: 936.44/1000
Old Navy: <4.62>/500
Victoria's Secret: <.43>/350

I just sent checks to Old Navy and VS and ended up paying a little extra on those. Target WAS paid off earlier this month, but was ran up again (see car story later). I'm sending as much as I can, but money's tight this month and next: Why you ask?

On July 3rd, while driving home, I got a speeding ticket for $212.60. If I decide to go to court, I'll have to drive 2 hours on Wed to fight that, but it'll be worth it if I can get a reduction, or lower the points at all.

That same day, when I got to my parents' house after a 5 hours trip, my car got really shaky whenever it wasn't moving. I couidln't take it in due to the holiday weekend, so I just didn't drive it much that weekend.

On Monday the 7th, I called some places in town and no one could get me in till that Wednesday, but I was leaving on Tuesday, so I made an appointment in Minneapolis for Thursday morning. My service engine light had turned on the day before.

Tuesday the 8th was my 21st birthday! Yay! I drove to Madison and spent the night there with an old friend. Had to be in Minneapolis for a lease signing at 6:30pm the next day, then work at 7pm. Made it back ok, but very hungover, drove to the new apt to sign lease, and drove to work. A block from work I hear a BOOM and my lil Neon got as loud as a Harley and smelled quite badly of oil and gas. I maneuvered it into a parking lot, and went to work.

After work, I called AAA and had my car towed to the dealer that it was being fixed at the next morning. Cost me $16 cause it wasn't in the 3 mile free radius. Got what I immediatedly needed from the trunk, and a friend drove me home.

I ended up renting a car for the day to get to my 2 jobs, since both are 10+ miles from my apartment, and it would take FOREVER on Mpls transportation to get there. That ended up costing $130 cause I kept it overnight. Went on the Target Visa

My car: One of my spark plugs blew up. In doing so, it stripped the threading on the cylinder and that had to all be repaired. After a fre price changes ($350, to $1100) it ended up being $630. OF COURSE it happens the day that I pay $350 for my security deposit, and just had a week off of both jobs! Ack!

And THEN! I'm renting a new apartment beginning in September, but my current lease doesn't end until Sept. 30, so I'm doubling up on rent for that month. My parents pay my school year rent, so some will be covered, but I've got $520 here and $440 at the new place. I know this is a bad idea, but I'm moving a mile from campus and I don't want to risk not being able to find a decent place for Oct. 1. Plus my new place is great.. free laundry, free parking, cheap rent!

Moral of the story: Check your spark plugs before they blow up :o) And, don't spend money.

That's all I've got for now. Please send donations to www.soupwantstoeat.com ;oP

Soup
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.