Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Continued from "Investment or Indulgence" thread
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19491380&sort=whole#19526047

DH and I (after many discussions, review of finances, soul searching, etc.) have decided to sign up for the major gift.

Some of you had inquired... thought I'd share!

96hokies
hoping for sugar in the new year
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
If it fits your finances and makes you happy, go for it! How are you guys feeling about the ACC move, by the way?
No. of Recommendations: 0
If it fits your finances and makes you happy, go for it! How are you guys feeling about the ACC move, by the way?

Personally, I think it's a major mistake. It makes it no longer a conference that is competetive from top to bottom in basketball. Plus there can no longer be a home & away round robin rotation. It sucks.
That's my feeling as well terminal. I just don't see the ACC as being an elite football conference anytime soon, no matter how many outside schools we invite. There's just not the kind of fan support at many of the schools and there is brutal competition for the athletes around here, with so many schools in the ACC region. This move will weaken the basketball which is their bread and butter.
How are you guys feeling about the ACC move, by the way?

We're excited. I work with folks in North Carolina so there will be a bunch of new workplace rivalries next fall. Not that I talk much trash, I just talk football all season long. There will be more away games that we'll be able to attend just because of proximity to home, too.

There are still a few things up in the air regarding schedules with BC now in the mix but we'll do well no matter who we play!

later,
96hokies
I will admit, we are dragging ACC Basketball down. But Football pays the bills and hopefully with better competition our athletes will rise to the challenge.

Recruiting regionally is important, but more and more kids are interested in where they can play the fastest, not necessarily what's closest to home.

Sorry you all aren't as excited as I am :o(

96hokies
Sorry you all aren't as excited as I am :o(

Well, you see, I'm down here in basketball country. We're just not into that whole sport with the funny shaped ball.

That and my team hasn't won a conference football game in years...
Well, you see, I'm down here in basketball country. We're just not into that whole sport with the funny shaped ball.

That and my team hasn't won a conference football game in years...

I'm a football and a basketball fan (though I wish I could hide my head the way North Carolina is playing this year, and Tennessee continues their unexplainable losses) and I do understand why you guys are excited, Tech has been stranded in football limbo for a while, and it's got to feel good to get tied into a larger conference. I'm just an ACC purist who didn't support FSU coming in and so don't support this one. But it should make for some interesting games anyway.